How to Start Eliminating Warts - 5 Simple Home Remedies and Cures Revealed
Warts are unsightly and no matter where they appear on your body you always want to start eliminating warts as soon as possible.
These abnormal growths on the skin are non-cancerous, although genital warts may lead to cervical cancer.
Over-the-counter medicines and prescription drugs for wart removal are available. Many people, however, prefer to use home remedies and cures to get rid of warts.
Home Remedies and Cures to Remove Warts
1. Garlic is an effective home remedy for eliminating warts. Garlic has anti-viral properties that make it effective in fighting the human papillomavirus that causes warts. Eat one or two cloves of garlic each day to improve your immune system and help ward off the wart infection. You can also apply garlic directly on your wart.
2. Castor oil can also be used to remove warts at home. Apply castor oil on the warts and rub or massage the oil on the affected area. You will not get instantaneous results, however. It can take up to one month to completely eliminate the wart. After applying castor oil, cover the wart with a bandage throughout the day. Remove the bandage to apply castor oil again.
3. Aloe Vera is also beneficial in eliminating warts. Aloe Vera soothes and reduces discomfort. It helps speed up healing. If you have an aloe vera plant, squeeze some of the juice from a leaf cutting and apply it on the wart. Cover the wart with a cotton ball soaked in aloe vera juice. If you do not have access to an aloe vera plant, you can purchase aloe vera cream or gel from a pharmacy. Repeat the treatment several times a day. The wart will go away after a week or so.
4. Banana peels have been successfully used as a home remedy for removing warts. Rub the inside of a banana peel on the wart several times a day. You can also tape a patch of banana peel on your wart and leave it there overnight. Do this for several weeks until the wart goes away.
5. Duct tape can be used for eliminating warts. Cover the wart with a piece of duct tape. Leave the tape on for up to a week. Remove the tape and soak your wart in water to soften it. Use a pumice stone to scrub off the wart. You may be able to remove the wart right away, or you may have to repeat the procedure for another week or two.
There are many other home remedies to remove warts. Wart treatments that work on some people may not work for you. Experiment and find out what treatment is effective in eliminating your warts.
Recommended & Related Articles
- 5 Treatments for Age Spots That Will Supercharge Your Appearance
Too much exposure to the sun can damage skin cells and leave behind pigmented cells called age spots.These dark spots on the skin usually crop up when you're in your 50's although they can appear in younger people.Liver spots, as they are also called
- How to Get Rid of Warts
Having trouble removing your warts? Tried everything, but to no avail? Learn how to get rid of your warts with home remedies, once and for all with this article on my personal blog.