If You Don't Read These 25 Regret Quotes Now, You'll Hate Yourself Later
Imagine being regretful of a situation whether it was a mistake done or things you didn’t do. Whatever it is you regret remember that there is always great wisdom that can help you with this regret. And one of this ways is regret quotes.
They can inspire and motivate you to be different and realise that the regret was all in the past.
Most of these regrets can be weighing down on you where that mistake is dragging you down.
Fortunately regret is a common phenomenon where successful people have also experienced it. Your favourite hero experienced regret and they shared their knowledge on this topic for anyone who will listen.
This wisdom can be the difference maker on that regret that you cannot seem to let go.
From famous athletes, musicians and artists, we are going to check out some of the best regret quotes to be an inspiration to you. Here they are one by one and I suggest you take a keen interest in them.
- “Learn from your mistakes. A life of regret is a life unfulfilled.” – John Cena
- “How can you have any regret when everything worked out fine? But why I think it worked out fine is due to the lessons l learned along the way. And one of those involves listening to experts.” –Tony Robbins
- “I’m not perfect. Nobody is. I will be the first one to admit a mistake when it’s made. That’s the only way you are able to move on and learn from that mistake.” –Michael Phelps
- “When I leave this world, I’ll leave no regrets.” –Beyoncé
- “I don’t regret what I’ve been through. I’ve had ups and downs, super highs and some really low lows. I’ve been so blessed that l could never say, ‘l wish this didn’t happen.’ It’s part of who l am. There’s nothing in my life that’s so ugh.” –Jennifer Lopez
- “Live life and take chances. Believe that everything happens for a reason and don’t regret. Love to the fullest and you will find true happiness in life. Realize that things go wrong and people change, but things do go on. Sometimes things weren’t meant to be. What is supposed to happen will work its way out.” –Oprah Winfrey
- “Life is too short! To wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the ones who treat you right, forget the ones who don’t and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy. They just said it would be worth it!” –Bob Marley
- “Ask GOD for forgiveness and leave you regrets in the past.” –Rihanna
- “Never say that you regret something, because at one point in your life, you wanted it.” –Drake
- “We suffer one of two things. Either the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. You’ve got to choose discipline, versus regret, because discipline weighs ounces and regret weighs tons.” –Jim Rohn
- “We are all human at the end of the day, making mistakes. But learn from them is the key.” –Kendrick Lamar
- “If you live long enough, you’ll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you’ll be a better person. It’s how you handle adversity, not how it affects you.” –Bill Clinton
- “Every noble work is bound to face problems and obstacles. It is important to check your goal and motivation thoroughly. One should be very truthful, honest, and reasonable. One’s action should be good for others and for oneself as well. Once a positive goal is chosen, you should decide to pursue it all way to the end. Even if it is not realised, at least there will be no regret.” –Dalai Lama
- “In the end our greatest regret isn’t that we were hurt. It’s living with the reality that we allowed pain to change us. There’s still time to evolve. Don’t stay where heartbreak left you.” –Sarah Jakes Roberts
- “Face the giants in your life, slay them and move on. Do not be daunted by the mistakes and failures in your life.” –TD Jakes
- “Don’t hide yourself in regret. Just love yourself and you’re set.” –Lady Gaga
- “I have tons of regrets, but I think that’s one of the reasons that push people to create things. Out of their angst, their regret, comes the best from artists, painters, and writers.” –Sylvester Stallone
- “There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” –Gautama Buddh
- “As long as you’re living in regret, focused on the negative things of the past, it’s going to keep you from the bright future God has in store.” –Joel Osteen
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see which has opened for us.” –Alexander Graham Bell
- “Make it a rule of life never to regret and never look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s only good for wallowing in.” –Katherine Mansfield
- “Never regret anything from your past because one day, you’ll look back and thank it for hurting you so much that you decided to become a stronger human being.” –Faith Star
- “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, its experience.” –Victoria Holt
- “Most of us have had regrets and recognise how they can hold us back or keep us stuck in life and relationships. Getting past ‘the past’ is important for anyone desiring to live beyond mistakes and the problems they make.” –Ron Neff
- “We all do things we desperately wish we could undo. Those regrets just become part of who we are, along with everything else. To spend time trying to change that, well, it’s like chasing clouds.” –Libba Bray
There you have them, regret quotes that will make you less hateful of yourself. You do not have to memorise each and every one of them, you can just write down a few that resonate with you or are a favourite.
From all these quotes there is one basic theme or lesson that regrets are part of your past and you can’t change the past. Therefore no amount of thinking or replaying that mistake or regret will bring you different results.
If some of the most successful or famous people have grappled with regret and didn’t allow it to stifle their present. Then you can definitely stop being regretful and always be in the present moment.
If there is no regret or no hate on your mistakes then you have come to peace with you past and you’re moving on. Do not be regretful.
Do you know of any other regret quotes that deserve a mention? Then do share and tell in the comments section below.
I would love to hear from you, also share this with our friends and family.