So What If Michael Phelps Smoked Marijuana ?
Was reading the newspapers yesterday, when I came across this piece on Michael Phelps
Now I am a great fan of his and this picture showed he was actually human
For those who came in late, Michael Phelps, vaulted to international stardom during the 2008 Summer Olympics by winning a record eight gold medals in swimming
So what’s new ?
Phelps has been caught in a very compromising position, according to a report by the British paper News of the World.
We all try compromising positions now and then – but what is wrong ?
Actually, it is not what you think
The paper has a photo of Phelps smoking from a bong, a water pipe normally used for smoking marijuana. (the photo is given below). The Arabs call it the “hubbly-bubbly” and the Indians – the hookah
Basically, the glass pipes are generally used to smoke cannabis.
It was on November 6, weeks after his Beijing triumph, that 23-year-old Phelps surprised students at the University Of South Carolina in Columbia by showing up unannounced at a house party. One party-goer who witnessed the star’s behavior told the News of the World that he was having a blast and seemed out of control from the moment he got there.
The alleged photo was taken at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, where Phelps was visiting a female student, Jordan Mathews, whom he was secretly seeing. The paper's anonymous source relates that Phelps partied hard each night he was there, which is not out of keeping with other reports of the Olympian since his swimming triumphs.
But the next night, Phelps was out partying again. The source added: “He was right back at it at Pavlov’s bar.
This isn't the first time Phelps has had a run in with the law. Shortly after competing in the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, the swimmer was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. In 2004, aged 19, he got 18 months probation for driving while under the influence.
Before the authorities decide on anything, they should go through the below incidents…….
- Jewish scholars wrote in the Talmud that the “bong” was an ‘excellent medicine” and this was centuries prior to Jesus’ birth.
- It is also the second largest cash crop of the USA colonies.
- Both, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew it for rope, fabric, oil, seed meal, and medicine
- USA military uniforms made from hemp due to cotton taking too long to grow thus not quick enough for sustaining them through the war. HEMP won the war for the USA by clothing the military.
- Evidence that food growing was NOT the reason that hunter gatherers settled down to build the first cities/ civilization. They actually settled down to make beer from grains and grow pot and other psychedelics for fun and medicine. Food was a byproduct of the beginning of civilization.
- Oldest found viable pot stash was found recently in clay pots in a cave in china dating to 27,000 years ago!
- To make matters worse, George Obama, the half-brother of U.S. President Barrack Obama, has been arrested by Kenyan police on a charge of possession of marijuana, police said Saturday, 31st January, 2009, although Obama denied the allegations.
Phelps, who earned £4million last year in endorsements, has resumed training for the 2012 games.
But there were fears about his commitment when, weeks after the bong incident, he began dating former stripper Caroline Pal.
Phelps is represented by marketing giant Octagon, which works with huge brands such as MasterCard and HSBC. They admitted proven cannabis use would be “a major taint” on Phelps’ character.
News of the World (the paper who reported the story) also makes claims that people representing Phelps tried to snuff out the story and offered the paper extraordinary incentives not to publish their story.
Spokesman Clifford Bloxham offered us an extraordinary deal not to publish their story, saying that Phelps would become their columnist for three years, host events and even get his sponsors to advertise with us.
In return, he asked that we kill Phelps’ bong picture.
Bloxham said that if something potentially very negative for Michael could turn into something very positive for the News of the World, then they had little choice.
He stressed that the swimmer had taken 1,500 drug tests and never failed one.
Strangely enough, Phelps didn't even try to deny the allegations, instead issuing a statement acknowledging the partyboy rumors.
He said that he was sorry that he engaged in a behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. He added that he was 23 years old and despite the successes he has had in the pool, he acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from him. For this, he was sorry and promised his fans and the public that it will not happen again. To be fair, Phelps does eat 12,000 calories a day. Maybe he just needed an appetite stimulant ?
Give the guy a break – all he does is eat, sleep and swim – who wouldn’t go nuts ?
Why don’t they legalize the damn thing !