Reasons why your not loosing weight
In my previous article,we already discussed some few reasons why you are not loosing weight.This article discusses some more in depth and detailed reasons that are hindering you from achieving your desire to loose weight.
1. You have not set any goals to loose weight.Setting goals such as why you want to loose weight is important as it will guide you through your journey?Write down the reasons,how you want to achieve it,what is your weight loss target.
2. You lack motivation -What if anyone told you they would give you 100,000$ for loosing weight?Bet you would work very hard in order to loose weight.But as a result of lack of motivation, that’s why you aren’t working hard towards loosing weight.To increase motivation ,you can join weight loss contests/challenges such as those at healthy wage.com or dietbet.com.You can also increase your motivation by inviting a friend to exercise with you instead of exercising alone.
3. You are eating more food and exercising less -The main aim of exercising is to burn excess calories.When you eat more and exercise less,you end up burning less calories and therefore gain more weight
4.You're eating late at night-Eating late at night will cause weight gain since you are not active at night.Always eat some hours before you sleep
5. Your not consistent with your exercise.Have you ever felt a little bit lazy and failed to exercise?That means you ate but dint burn any excess weight brought about by your food intake.Failure to be consistent and skipping exercise on some days will result to weight gain
6. Medical problems-You could be having medical problems such as hormonal imbalance among other problems.Visit a doctor for complete check up
7. Your eating large portions of meals-Maybe your thinking its too small for you but to your body its quite large.You could try reducing your portions
8. Your appetite is high-Your appetite could be too high which causes you to eat more.You can curd your appetite by drinking water,taking fruits or vegetables
9. You don’t need to loose weight-This means that you have the right body weight for your age.A ask yourself and your doctor if there are medical reasons you need to lose weight. If not, it may be time to ditch the diet and start giving your self-esteem a workout instead.
10. Incorrect facts-There are so many incorrect facts on many websites.You probably followed a weight loss method that is incorrect or doesn’t work.
11. Rewarding Yourself with Food-Some people decide that after they have done something that they are proud of,they can reward themselves with a heavy plate of their favorite food.If you need to reward yourself,don’t do it with food.Try a manicure,a trip or anything else that isn’t edible
12. Over indulging On Healthy Foods-Healthy foods are good but again if you keep eating all day ,all night you are guaranteed not to loose weight
13. You’re under too much stress-Some people take more food when in stressful situations.To stop doing so try and find other activities that do not involve eating food
14. You’re adding muscle-There are some exercises that burn fat but lead to muscle muscle building leading to an increase in weight.Instead of relying on weighing machines only try and measure your inches or wear a trouser that you wore before you started your weight loss journey.If the trouser falls and you find that your inches have reduced then you have lost some fat but your weight remains the same as a result of gaining muscle weight
15. You’re not active enough-Are you Moving Frequently at a Slow Pace for three to five hours every week?Yes you may be moving but not fast enough for you to loose weight.Try and be more active
16. You have too much junk in your fridge-Out of sight, out of mind; out of reach, out of mouth. Keep the crappy junk food out of your house
17. You’re full of excuses-You give yourself a gateway to eating carbohydrates and not doing exercises.For instance your too busy or too tired to exercise.
18. You haven’t given it enough time-If you are using exercises and dieting,weight loss wont happen overnight.Give it time
19. You’re Not Cutting Back on Carbohydrates Enough-What is your calorie count?To find out if you have cut on on enough carbohydrates and eating the right amount of calories,always count your calories and keep a record
20. You’re Not Exercising Right-Some exercises may not be heavy enough to help you loose weight.Try and get the right exercises that will help you burn fat
21. You’re drinking too many sugary drinks-Sugar adds weight on you.Find non sugarly drinks and always carry a bottle of water with you to avoid buying sugarly drinks when your thirsty and not at home.
22. You’re engaging in too much mindless eating-You are watching tv and busy eating some snacks and nuts.That's mindless eating which you should try and stop
23. You're sitting on your ass all day-Not unless you’re not eating but if you are then sitting there will add more weight on you.Engage in activities such as cleaning the house,washing clothes etc
24. You're not chewing your food- Chewing your food until it's liquid will really help with weight loss and better digestive performance.
25. You're eating out too much and not cooking at home-Meals in hotels may have been prepared with unhealthy vegetable oils which will cause weight gain.
26. You're not adding protein to your plate -Protein is the satiety macronutrient that helps us to balance out blood sugars and therefore helps to control our weight
27. Your liver is sluggish and you need a good cleanse- If you're feeling low, tired, and moody and your diet contains alcohol, coffee and sugar, you need to give your body a break. When your liver is sluggish, it struggles to process substances/toxins/hormones efficiently and this leads to toxic build up and this will inevitably cause weight gain.
28. You are not drinking enough water? -Staying hydrated will help you keep a healthy metabolism and flush out toxins, as well as keeping you feeling full. Often thirst is mistaken for hunger. Drink a glass of water when you first wake up and every two hours throughout the day.
29. You are female- There are a number of reasons why men have the weight loss edge over women.First of all, men have more muscle mass, compared to women, and women have a higher percentage of body fat than men. Muscle tissue burns more calories at rest than fat tissue. So it's no surprise that men's resting metabolic rate tends to be significantly higher than women's.Also, women often deposit extra body weight in the hips, legs, and buttocks, while men tend to store extra weight in the midsection, says Robin Duncan, PhD, a postdoctoral fellow at University of California Berkeley's Department of Nutrition Science and Toxicology. Extra fat around the gut is more actively recruited during times of energy need and thus may be easier to lose than fat on the legs and hips, explains Duncan.Further, because men tend to be larger than women, they tend to burn more calories doing the same exercise as women."If they both run at the same pace for one hour, the woman will burn 500 calories, for example, while the man will burn closer to 700 calories
30. You are starving yourself -Crash diets are unlikely to result in long-term weight loss. In fact, they can sometimes lead to longer term weight gain. The main problem is that this type of diet is too hard to maintain. Your body will be low on energy, causing you to crave high-fat and high-sugar foods. When you finally give in and eat those foods, you will often eat more calories than you need, causing weight gain.
31. You believe Foods labelled ‘low fat’ or ‘reduced fat’ are always a healthy choice-Be cautious. Foods labelled 'low fat' have to meet legal criteria to use that label. Labels such as 'reduced fat' do not have to meet the same criteria, and can be misleading. A reduced-fat snack should contain less fat than the full-fat version, but that doesn't automatically make it a healthy choice: it could still contain a lot more fat than, say, a portion of fruit.
32.You aren’t watching what you eat-Do you have a food diary?A food diary will help you track what your eating.If you ate a lot of carbohydrates last week you will see that in your diary and therefore reduce your intake this week .
33. You're eating the kids' leftovers-You don’t want to throw away food and therefore eat the leftovers with the belief its just some little food but it will in the long run have some an effect on your weight
34. It's your age - After the age of 35 our metabolisms slow down and our hormones change which results in fat accumulating in different places such as around our middle and hips, thighs and bum. Recent research has shown that low-fat dairy products and soya can help to beat weight gain after the age of 35.
35. You're not eating enough-Your body thinks you're starving it so it holds on to fat to survive. You need more slimming minerals-Vitamins and minerals are really important for overall health, but potassium helps regulate nutrients and feed them into cells and muscles. You need healthy cells and muscles when you're losing weight because you don't want your body to start using muscles for energy, you want to be burning fat. Potassium also helps your body eliminate waste and toxins from the body, which can help with that stubborn half-a-stone. Potassium-rich foods also tend to be low-fat and filling, such as baked potatoes, pulses, spinach and yogurt.
36. Your too idle-They say an idle mind is the devil’s workshop.Do you find yourself looking for food just for pleasure when you are idle?If that is the case try and find activities that will distract you from eating
37. You are not sleeping enough-Sleeping helps you get enough energy to exercise.It also suppresses fat genes and helps you eat less.