Simple Guide to Longevity
Simple guide to longevity
Here are a few simple guidelines to a long and healthy life. There is no secret here just some common sense. In addition, you can actually save money or make the equivalent of up to 1 million dollars.
- August 2015
The simple guide...
Here are some simple guidelines on a long and heathy and happy life.
- Don't smoke cigarettes.
- Drink moderately alchoholic beverages.
- Don't use or experiment with illegal drugs.
- Use seat belts when driving or riding in a car.
- Drink green tea.
- Eat vegetables and fruits.
- Do some mild exercise everyday.
- Laugh often.
- Use sun block and wear a hat outdoors.
- Help others in need.
- Avoid stress.
- Maintain an average weight for your height and build.
- Pray or meditate everyday.
- How can you make 1 Million dollars?
Here is my rationale.
The insurance industry has actuaries that compute the value of a human life based on many considerations. They also have statistics on expected human life span depending on your age and various health aspects of the individual. In effect, they can put an equavalent dollar amount on a year of life.
So, my rationale is this. If you can extend your life span by 5-10 years over the expected lifespan, in efect, you have made that amount of money just by being responsible.
- Next time you do any of the things I suggested, don't think of it as a choir but think of it as making money. You will be surprised at how your attitudes will affect your well being.
- In some cases, like smoking and drinking, you are actually saving money by avoiding these products in addition to adding longevity. A double benefit.
- In the case of seatbelt usage, a recent incident by the Governor of NJ really highlight the importance of this simple task. In addition, it points out that no matter who you are, anyone can be a victim even a millionaire governor.
- Another real money making benefit. If you have a traditional pension, your benefits is based on an average life expectency. If you live longer than than the average, you are making more money. The same goes for Social Security. If you live longer than the expected 78 years, you will be collecting monthly checks. By extending you life, you are making MONEY $$$.
Here are some common sense ideas to keep you healthy. Some wisdom are timeless. Life gives are choices. There are somethings we don't have control over, such as picking our parents. Short of having good genes, you can make smarty choices in how you live your life. Good luck.
Some related links...
- Living to 120 and Beyond: Americans’ Views on Aging, Medical Advances and Radical Life Extension | P
If new medical treatments could slow the aging process and allow people to live to age 120 and beyond, would you want to? Most Americans say “no”.
- Governor Corizine real life experience
He was very lucky to survive an accident without wearing a seatbelt.
- Life expectancy calculator
A simple calculator anyone can check.
- Giving is selfish
A great testimony.
- Life expectancy table
From the Social Security Administration
- Life Extensions
Some additional information on living longer.
- Laugh clubs
Laughter is the best medicine.