Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedies: Your Guide to Treatment and Prevention of UTIs
Urinary Tract Infections
If you have experienced urinary tract infection (UTI) at least once in your life, then surely you know how painful it is. But I have good news for you: there IS a relief to this agonizing problem. Natural home remedies to treat UTI have already been available for several years.
Note: As always, when in doubt, consult a specialist when you notice any disturbing symptoms. Don't be embarrassed by this issue. You may contact your family doctor or you may need to see a urologist. If you happen to be in the New York/New Jersey area, you may want to call this this specialist in NYC/New Jersey area.
Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms
Symptoms of urinary tract infection include painful urination, lower abdominal pain, foul smelling urine, burning during urination with or without increased temperature are usually the symptoms of lower urinary tract infection. In some cases, more severe symptoms of high grade fever, diffused abdominal or flank pain, chills and unstable vital signs require intense treatment, and even admission to the hospital if vital signs are unstable for quick determination of the causing microbe.
Understandably, most people in this situation, rush to the doctor and then - with their prescription in hand - to nearest pharmacy to purchase prescribed antibiotics to get rid of infection. However, you may surprised to find out that there are natural treatments that can be used for urinary infections, as well as ways to prevent these infections from happening in the first place.
Drink some cranberry juice or cranberry smoothies
Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedies
The following are a few natural methods to help you clear the infection and prevent it in the future:
* Drink lots of water. First of all, drinking an ample amount of water helps flush the urinary tract and excrete all those microbes.
* Eat lots of RAW fruits, vegetables, and greens. The type of food that you are consuming can also provide a great impact in attaining full recovery. It's best to consume a mostly raw diet consisting of raw, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as greens. You may want to use a lot of blueberries, cranberries (more on cranberries below), parsley and other infection-fighting foods. You can consume those in salads or in green smoothies - which are simply smoothies made from fruits and greens. Drinking freshly made green juices is another great way to improve your nutrition quickly. Adequate consumption of raw fruits and vegetables will provide lots of water soluble fiber, hence, flushing your body and your urinary tract as well.
* Eliminate processed foods, sugar, white flour, diary, coffee, tea, meat, so-called energy drinks, fatty foods, etcetera, etcetera. I'm sure you've heard this before many times, maybe you are rolling your eyes as you read this (if you're still reading, LOL), but it's so true - even if most people don't want to hear it.You need to get rid of all the things that are bad for you that contribute to all kinds of health problems, not just UTIs.
* Try adding vitamin C supplements to your diet. You are probably aware of the regular intake of vitamin C and in fact, some of you may be taking it regularly. The benefit of having sufficient vitamin C in your body is that it helps boost your immune system, thus, combats the bad bacteria existing inside your body with more accuracy.
* Drink lots of unsweetened cranberry juice. Finally, cranberry juice has also been proven to be effective against urinary tract infection. Cranberries can also be added to smoothies, such as this cranberry smoothie recipe.
Green Smoothies and Raw Diet Books
You are always free to select whatever natural remedies you want to use to treat your disease. However, always make sure that they are proven remedies that can treat not only the symptoms but also the causative agent of the disorder. With regards to urinary tract infections, make sure that these methods have the aptitude to flush the urinary tract in order to excrete the bacteria located inside.
Consult a Qualified Physician
As always, when in doubt get a professional opinion. Consult a qualified physician in your area.
- Weak Bladder: What Can Your Do to Improve Your Weak Bladder (Urinary Incontinence) Symptoms
Are you frustrated because you can’t always control when you urinate? Urinary incontinence—the inability to control the release of urine from your bladder—is a common and rather embarrassing problem.
- How To Prevent a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Most of us will get at least one UTI during the course of our lifetime, but there are simple things you can do to minimize your risk and/or prevent reinfection.
- Home Remedies For Digestive And Urinary Problems
The digestive and urinary systems are your body's power plant and your body's waste-disposal mechanism. Your digestive system starts at your mouth. First you put food in your mouth and start chewing. As...
- How to Prevent Urinary Tract Infection
This hub will give you tips and suggestions on how to prevent urinary tract infection or UTI. UTI is defined by both symptoms and lab findings. Symptoms of UTI include painful urination, blood in urine,...
- Great Recipes for a Healthier Lifes...
Vitamix blender (sometimes referred to as Vitamixer) has the reputation of being the best commercial-quality blender on the market today. It is used by many professional chefs worldwide to prepare smoothies,...