Beauty And Health Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil
Virgin coconut oil
Wonders of Virgin Coconut Oil
When I was young, my grandfather used to massage a home-made smelly kind of oil on my back for some cure or benefits. I remembered him telling me that he made it himself from coconut, but I just ignored it, anyways I was still young that time and it's none of my business. Years later when I went to a grocery or watch tv commercials, there's this kind of oil they were promoting. Not until I smelled it and my memories started to recall way back when I was young, the smell is the same as what my grandpa used to put on me. It's a Virgin Coconut Oil and Iv'e never expected this oil would be a hit not only in our country here in the Philippines but internationally.
Yes, Philippines is one of the best sources or exporters of virgin coconut oil in the world. Despite from the fact that for so many years it was considered a "bad" or "unhealthy" fat due to its high saturated fat content, however, it turned out that this saturated fat in coconut oil, is clearly not similar to the saturated fat in other oils.
Virgin coconut oil is made from the extracting oil of fresh coconuts harvested from the coconut palm. There are several methods to do this but the most popular is extracting it from coconut's milk (which is called the wet process) or the other way by taking it directly from the kernel ( which is the dry process). According to research, coconut oil has three main types these are the virgin coconut oil, coconut oil from copra and traditional coconut oil or usually homemade.Virgin coconut oil is believed to be the highest quality, naturally made and free from harsh chemicals.
Health Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil
* As said earlier, there was a time when coconut oil was considered to be bad or unhealthy for one’s health because of its fat content. Coconut oil are said to contain high levels of saturated fat. The fats found in coconut oil are called medium-chain triglycerides. Medium-chain triglycerides can be digested easily and help support healthy weight loss. According to a study that this medium-chain triglycerides from coconut oil are often used to nourish new borns and hospital patients.
* The main type of saturated fat that is present in virgin coconut oil is the lauric acid. Lauric Acid is a kind of fatty acid that is only found in mother's milk.
* Virgin Coconut oil also increases nutrient absorption causing them to increase its the metabolic rate, which helps reduce weight and is also safe and beneficial for diabetic people.
* Virgin Coconut oil also contains antioxidants, especially vitamin E, which help protect cells against free radicals. Antioxidants fight against free radicals, stopping them from damaging the cells.
* Helps for treatment of HIV/AIDS and herpes
* It also acts as an antifungal/antimicrobial
* VCO helps prevent hypoglycemia
* Also helps prevent cancer
* VCO is also useful for an enlarged prostate among men
* Cures Candida albicans and other yeast infections
* VCO also can protect the liver
* Supports normal function of our thyroid gland.
Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil for Hair
*For people who wanted to make their hair grow longer and thicker, it helps to keep the hair moisturized and their hair strand strong preventing hair from breakage and allow it to grow shinier and thicker without looking damaged.
*It can also be used as a very effective hair conditioner treatment to be damage- free.
* Help stimulate proper circulation and keep the scalp moisturized when perfroming scalp massage. It can also help hair get rid from dandruff.
*A recent study shown that with the regular use of virgin coconut oil, it will keep the scalp free from lice and lice eggs.
Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil for Skin
* VCO can be used as a massage oil on skin for the relief of stress.
* Coconut oil can indeed help protect the skin from aging because it is a steady saturated fat that can't be broken down by free radicals.
* Also prevents stretch mark, coconut oil is commonly used to prevent stretch marks especially during pregnancy.
* VCO can also be used as your skin moisturiz as it is the key to keeping it youthful and healthy. It also helps fight bacteria and other skin problems such as rashes, acne, wrinkles, eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.