Whole Food Supplements
American’s aren’t very healthy. Many of you have heard at least some of these statistics*:
- 1,500 of us die from cancer every day
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 2 men will have cancer in his or her lifetime
- 1 in 8 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer
- 1.1 million Americans have a heart attack every year
- Half a million heart attack victims in America die each year
- 23% of Americans have hypertension
- Americans spend $330 billion on heart disease per year
- 64% of adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese
- Diabetes will increase by 165% over the next 50 years, with 29 million Americans diagnosed
- 33% of Americans suffer from arthritis
Our children are also unhealthy! Did you know…?
- Cancer kills more children than any other disease
- By the age of 3, children have fatty deposits on their arteries
- By age 12, 70% have developed the beginning stages of hardening of the arteries
- 1 in 4 children is obese
- Obesity has doubled in the past 20 years
- Nearly half of obese adolescents remain obese as adults
- In the last 20 years, Type 2 diabetes has increased 10-fold
- Over 8 million children have asthma, an increase of 232% in the last 40 years
- 7% of school age children are diagnosed as ADHD
- Less than 7% of children and adolescents consume the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables per day
Why are we so unhealthy?
- We make poor food choices
- We eat too much “bad” food
- We don’t eat enough “good” food
- We don’t drink enough water
- We lack exercise
- We lead stressful lifestyles
- We have to deal with environmental factors
- Our approach to medicine is more about “treatment” than “prevention”
What can we do about it?
Well, our government has spent billions of dollars trying to find a cure for heart disease, cancer and other diseases. Their conclusion is that disease is easier to prevent than it is to cure, and the recommendation is to eat 7 to 13 servings of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables every day. Are you? That’s the problem, almost no one does.
The solution is to eat as many fruits, vegetables, and other plant-based foods as you can, and be sure to choose foods from all around the color wheel, from ripe tomatoes to eggplant to oranges. If you are unable or unwilling to increase your intake of these fresh, raw fruits and vegetables, then choose the next best thing, a whole food supplement. Don’t run to get vitamins, as they are synthetic and do not give you the synergistic effects of the real thing.
The next best thing...
Juice Plus+ is the next best thing to eating fresh, raw fruits and vegetables – it gives you the following fresh, raw fruits and vegetables: apple, orange, pineapple, cranberry, peach, acerola cherry, papaya, carrot, spinach, parsley, beet, kale, broccoli, cabbage, tomato, barley and oats. Juice Plus+ provides whole food based nutrition from 17 different fruits, vegetables and grains in a super convenient capsule or chewable form. Juice Plus+ is not a vitamin; it is a whole food supplement.
Unlike traditional vitamin supplements, Juice Plus+ provides a much wider variety of the naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, antioxidants, enzymes, and other nutrients (even fiber) that are found in fresh, raw fruits and vegetables.
How is it made?
It starts with fresh, high quality fruits and vegetables that are carefully tested for pesticides, herbicides and other contaminants. They are than juiced to extract their nutritional essence and then reduced to powder using a low temperature proprietary process that’s designed to ensure the maximum retention of nutrients. It is then made into capsules and chewable form. You get the benefit of 17 fruits and vegetables for less than $1.40 a day – you can’t buy that many fresh fruits and vegetables anywhere for that amount.
A domestic apple has hundreds of different, naturally occurring, elements and compounds which cannot be duplicated in a synthetic vitamin. These elements and compounds, known as phytochemicals or phytonutrients, work together synergistically to produce health benefits unlike any synthetic vitamin could. These phytonutrients work together to help your body do what it already knows how to do to fight illness and disease; they also have an antioxidant effect, ridding your body of unwanted free radicals.
The science behind Juice Plus+
Juice Plus is the most studied Nutraceutical in the world. These “gold standard” independent clinical research studies have been, and continue to be, conducted on children, teens, adults, senior citizens, and even pregnant women and are conducted on a variety of conditions, in a variety of circumstances, at leading universities around the world: University of Arizona; Brigham Young University; Foggia, Italy; King’s College in London; University of North Carolina – Greensboro; Medical University of Vienna; University of Maryland; University of Sydney; University of Texas Health Sciences Center.
These published third-party clinical research studies have shown that Juice Plus+ is packed with whole food nutrition; Juice Plus+ raises levels of antioxidants in the blood; Juice Plus+ lowers levels of lipid peroxides (oxidative stress, wherein free radicals “steal” electrons from lipids in cell membranes, resulting in cell damage) and homocysteine in the blood ( homocysteine is an amino acid in the blood; it’s been shown that too much of it is related to a higher risk of coronary heart disease, stroke and peripheral vascular disease); and Juice Plus+ helps enhance immune function, reduce DNA damage, and improve circulation.
In conclusion, the best place to get your vitamins and nutrients is from food, not vitamin pills. Taking Juice Plus+ daily, in addition to your healthy diet, is the next best thing to eating more fruits and vegetables and can help provide a “safety net” for your nutritional health. It is convenient and easy to take and is rich in natural vitamins, fiber, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. It reduces oxidative stress and supports your immune system. It reduces damage to DNA, improves circulation, and reduces many key factors associated with coronary heart disease.
Many people’s busy lifestyles keep them from consuming what they should, and those are the people who should be made aware of Juice Plus - it's not a substitute for fresh, raw fruits, vegetables, and grains, but it is the next best thing!
If you are interested in purchasing Juice Plus for yourself or someone else or would like to get more information, please contact me through the link above or leave a comment below and I'll be happy to help you. Also, if you're interested in Juice Plus for your kids, you could get it for them for free for up to 3 years through the Children's Health Study - ask me how!
*stats above from Juice Plus literature, from a number of sources (such as International Journal of Obesity, CDC National Center for Helath Statistics, Center of Disease Control & Prevention)