What makes an article good and successful?
Successful articles are often written by people who are truly passionate and uniquely knowledgeable about the subjects they address. They are rich, in-depth, and bolstered with useful media, concrete facts, and reader-friendly formatting (which is to say, they're easy to skip around and it is easy to quickly find important facts).
With regard to specific elements, we have found that the most successful articles contain…
- Unique utility (they add something new and valuable to the internet)
- At least 800 words, though we suggest shooting for 1150-1500 for a better chance of success.
- A minimum of three substantial, properly used and attributed images
- A custom summary (that is succinct, alluring, and polished)
- Attractive formatting (text broken into multiple Text Capsules with descriptive subheadings, lots of attractive, high-quality images and media, etc.)
- Information that is easy to find and skip around (avoid long sentences, dense paragraphs, and big, uninterrupted blocks of text)
For more information on writing successful articles, stop by our Learning Center guide outlining the elements of a Stellar Article.