HubPages Forums: Rules of Conduct
The HubPages Discussion Forum is a resource for Hubbers to help each other achieve the most rewarding online publishing experience and to discuss topics of interest.
Rules and Etiquette
Below are some basic guidelines to adhere to:
- Stick to the topic. Please stay on the thread’s topic when replying to an existing thread. If you don’t see an open thread about something you’d like to discuss, please open a new thread.
- Keep it civil. Debate and disagreements on points of substance are okay, but personal attacks, hate speech, petty bickering, trolling, and thread hijacking are not tolerated. By choosing to be civil, you make the discussion better for everyone involved.
- Spread the word. Encourage Hubbers seeking help to visit the Forum to find solutions to their problems or just to chat and unwind.
- The Forums are for discussion, not self-promotional link-posting. We encourage you to avoid posting promotional or irrelevant links, be they to articles or external sites in which you have a vested interest. The two places where we do encourage you to post links to your articles are in the HubChallenges section and the Improving Your Article section.
- No cross-posting. Posting the same message to more than one Forum or thread is seen as spamming.
- Be honest about your identity. While we don't prohibit having more than one HubPages account, we ask that you stick to a single persona in the Forums. The deceptive use of multiple accounts, especially in a single thread, is prohibited. The use of secondary accounts to circumvent a Forum ban is also prohibited. This type of behavior is also known as sockpuppeting.
- Please use normal English. DON'T USE ALL UPPERCASE FOR YOUR TITLES OR IN THE BODY OF YOUR POST. It comes across as shouting. Also avoid txt msg abbreviations.
- Avoid signatures. Please do not sign your posts and especially do not sign your posts and include a link to another site. A link to your profile page is included with every post, and you can put information about yourself and links to sites you'd like to promote on your profile page.
- Only use the report button on posts you think break the forum rules. Please do not report posts just because you do not like them.
If you've been banned: If you attempt to post in the Forums after being banned for a violation, you will see a link to the thread where the violation occurred, and a notification of when your Forum privileges have been scheduled to be reinstated. Each subsequent violation will incur longer ban durations, and eventually your Forum privileges may be permanently revoked. So please familiarize yourself with our rules before posting again.