5 Ridiculous New Year's Resolutions
Here we are - on the glorious second day of 2009! Some look upon the start of the new year as a new beginning, another chance to make or do it right. The slate is clean, so to speak, and hopefully all the unpleasantness of 2008 can be, for the most part, put aside and chalked up as another learning experience.
Most people are filled with optimism and expectation for yet, another "go" at life. New Year's resolutions abound, as we attempt to psych ourselves up for accountability and success. Here are the timeless top five most ridiculous New Year's resolutions that I have encountered.
1. I am going to lose ten pounds. ( the key here is keeping the weight off)
2. I am going to join a gym and start working out. (the key here is to not end up being an absent member, but to continue to work out after three months.)
3. I am going to quit ........ ____________(fill in the blank here, the possibilities are endless)
4. I am going to journal every day.
5. Read the Bible in one year. ( I am certainly thankful the God does not judge me on this one!)