10 Tips for Your Wedding Day: Advice From an Event Planner
Useful Tips For Your Wedding Day
The Internet is filled with articles about preparation for the most significant day for the bride and groom. However, in this article we tried to collect useful information for you about the imperceptible, but important points of a wedding day.
1. Review Your Guest List: Whom do You Really Want to See On Your Wedding?
Our first advice is not to invite a large number of guests to the wedding, simply because “you have to”, “they will be offended”, “parents insist”. In order to fully relax and enjoy this day, there should not be strangers at the wedding. Let only those whom you really want to see be on this day!
Whom you should not invite to your wedding?
- your friend from the third class, whom you have not seen for 10 years;
- grandmother's nephew cousin;
- a friend who does not know how to hide envy;
- friends of friends;
- friends' Girl and boyfriends, if they have recently started their relationships.
2. Wedding Invitations or Waste Paper?
Do not spend a lot of money on wedding invitations. Every bride wants to stand out from the rest. The same applies to invitations, you want to order original handmade invitations with rhinestones. But there are more important and significant expenses before the wedding.
These wedding invitations will be scattered in a seedy box for approximately 10 years, and then they will be thrown away. So don’t worry and buy cute but not expensive ones. Or send everyone an invitation via the Internet.
3. Bridesmaid Is a Helper–Outer at Your Wedding
If your bridesmaid doesn't have experience in such a responsible matter, provide her with the following information: of course, your wedding day is her holiday too, but she also should:
- greet guests at the reception;
- direct invited people to the guestbook, bathroom, and anywhere else;
- dance and motivate guests to dance;
- monitor the appearance of the bride; if necessary, adjust the border of her dress, indicate flaws in makeup.
Ideally, the bridesmaid should miraculously feel that the bride needs help and rush to help even before the bride asks for it.
4. Children's Entertainment at Adult Wedding
If you do not want young guests to run around at your wedding party and knock down everyone in their path, think over an entertainment program for them. You can invite animators and order a special kids menu.
Children will be happy, and their parents will thank you for giving them the opportunity to truly relax.
5. Think Over The Details of Your Wedding Day Beforehand
Sometimes really awkward situations can happen during the wedding day.
For example, if your city is quite big, and there are two restaurants with same or similar names, don't forget to tell all the invited guests the exact address of yours one.
Or another case. The newlyweds and all the friends accompanying them parked the car in the wrong place and went to the photo shoot. When they returned, the car was already evacuated to the parking lot. But the guys turned out to be funny, so instead of taking a taxi, they went to the restaurant by public transport. The joy of passengers knew no bounds.
6. Sad Story About The Guests at The Wedding Banquet
Despite the fact that you sent out and distributed invitations to all guests, a week before the wedding you should find a free minute and recall everyone again. So you can adjust the seating plan and budget for the banquet for the last time.
There are cases when more than 10 guests are not present at the ceremony. This leads to overpayment. Moreover, some guests have to sit alone, which affects the general mood of invited guests
7. Your Wedding can Be Spoiled By Mosquitoes
If you plan to have a wedding outdoors, you should think not only about the weather on this day, but also about all kinds of insects. Midges or mosquitoes can spoil even the most exquisite holiday. Get mosquito nets and repellents in advance.
When planning an open-air marriage registration, bring an umbrella with you. Even if there is not a cloud in the sky, rain can still suddenly come. So get ready for it!
8. How to Choose an Excellent Wedding Photographer
Its difficult to choose a true professional among hundreds of photographers on offer. But it is possible. When negotiating a wedding photo shoot with a camera operator, ask him to show you not individual photographs from various events, but the entire set of photographs from one wedding. Thus, you can objectively evaluate the skills of the photographer and decide whether you entrust him the shooting of X-Day or not.
At the wedding venue, as in a movie, there should be one producer. Several independent photographers and cameramen begin to compete and often interfere with each other's work. It’s good when the whole team works, where everyone is familiar, and each performs its task.
9. Wedding Night Also Needs Preliminary Preparation
On the way to the hotel or to any other place where you intend to spend your wedding night, do not forget to bring the following:
- makeup remover, cotton pads;
- shampoo, comb;
- ask the hotel for a hairdryer in advance;
- cosmetics for the next day;
- clothes that you will wear the next day;
- underwear for wedding night;
- and now the most important point. Since you can hardly eat enough during a wedding banquet, take food to the hotel;
- prepare suitable music for the wedding night.
10. Tip That You Will Not Follow Before Your Wedding Day
Get enough sleep the night before the wedding - this is our advice. But only a few brides manage to do this. Do not finish the decor on the wedding eve or arrange midnight gatherings with bridesmaids. Healthy sleep is the key to radiant skin and good mood. You also need a good breakfast. Give preference to cereals (oatmeal, buckwheat, semolina), protein (scrambled eggs) and prepare a snack in advance.
So by following the above tips you will be able to take every detail into account during the planning of the ceremony, avoid the many mistakes that brides often make and have the very best wedding