- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
15 Wedding Gift Ideas
Suggestions To Get The Bride And Groom For Their Wedding
Every year when happy couples decide to get married, they invite their friends and family to come join in and celebrate the day with them. Of course, when attending a wedding it is customary to give a gift, and for many it can be difficult to decide on the ideal present to give to the bride and groom. Here are some suggestions to help you find the perfect gift.
1. Get Them Something From Their Wedding Registry: Before anything else, check to see if the couple has already set up a gift registry. More often than not, the bride and groom will have a good idea of what they want for their wedding presents. If they have created a registry, it’s probably a good idea to get them something from their list. Gift registries are extremely useful: when people are buying gifts for the newlyweds’ home, without a gift registry the wedding couple run the risk of receiving an item in abundance. Nobody needs or wants more than one toaster. It’s more organized and efficient to have a registry, the couple can select the specific items they want without any trouble.
While gift registries are very helpful for those attending a wedding, what about the times when there isn’t a gift registry? In certain situations gift registries might be out of the question: for example if the couple already live together and have a house full of items, they might choose not to create a registry because they simply don’t need more stuff.
2. Money: Yes money! Money is the most popular gift to give a married couple, because they are starting a new life together and money will help them out. With money, the bride and groom can purchase what they want and they don’t need to worry about transporting gifts home after their wedding ceremony. Some guests might feel uncomfortable about giving money, but it is a thoughtful and convenient gift to give a new couple. Giving money can help the couple out tremendously and allows them to be relieved of some of the costly burdens associated with married life.
How much money is enough to give at a wedding?
When giving money at a wedding, some people consider it traditional to pay for the cost of their seat and the seat of their date. This means that you would estimate the cost that the bride and groom paid to have you sit and eat the food, and whatever other costs were incurred per guest (alcohol, party favors etc.). A wedding seat generally costs between 80 and 90 dollars per person, and for more expensive weddings can be up to 130 dollars. This is the traditional thought, however many people no longer expect to pay for their seat. It is often suggested to simply give an amount that you feel comfortable giving. Take into consideration how close you are to the couple, and what you think would be a fair wedding gift given your financial situations. Above all else, give what you feel comfortable with giving.
3. Form/Join A Group Gift
Is the rest of your family attending the wedding? Are you friends with other people who are attending the wedding? Why not pool your resources together?!? For a group gift, the gift could be money, but it could also be something special that you know that the bride and groom would enjoy. If you get into a group gift, there is a greater possibility to get something that the couple might want, something that might be too expensive to purchase on your own.
Deluxe Coffee and Espresso Makers on Amazon
4. Espresso Maker/Cappuccino Maker Or Other High End Coffee Maker: If the couple enjoys drinking coffee and/or entertaining guests, a high end coffee maker might be the perfect item to get them.
5. Monogrammed Towel Set: You can get towels monogrammed with a simple “His” and “Hers” or you can take it up a notch and have their names embroidered onto the towels.
6. An Engraved Picture Frame. You can give them a picture frame and add a photo of the newlyweds. They could also use it to frame a favorite picture from the wedding day.
7. Kitchen and Dining Sets: Get the couple a set of new plates, it could be anything from every day dinnerware to fine China.
8. A Scrapbook: Get them a scrapbook as well as a scrapbooking kit, which would allow them to put happy memories from the wedding into the book. If you have pictures of the couple you can even put together your own scrapbook pages for the couple.
9. A Photo Shoot: Get them studio portraits or have a professional photographer take pictures of them in another environment, now that they are a married couple.
10. Buy Them A Trip: It doesn’t have to be an exotic location, simply a place close by that you know they will enjoy. If you are looking for something more luxurious to buy for the newlyweds, a weekend getaway might be the ideal gift.
11. Restaurant Vouchers/ Gift Certificates: It’s always fun to dine out at a fancy restaurant and it’s more fun if the meal is paid for by someone else. A restaurant voucher is a gift that you know the couple will enjoy, and it’s a great activity that the couple can do together.
12. A Spa Day: With all the planning and work that goes into the wedding, chances are that the newlyweds haven’t had much time to simply relax. There are many types of spa services available. Some of the activities might include swimming, steam rooms, hot tubs, massages and facials.
13. A Personal Chef: Hire a gourmet chef to cook for the newlyweds for an evening. Some personal chefs are willing to make house calls, and they often bring the food too.
14. Landscaping Service: Even the tidiest of places could use some extra help. If the bride and groom already have house, buy them some landscaping services. They might simply need a little help mowing the lawn, or maybe they will want to redesign their front lawn and just need some inspiration.
15. Buy Them A Bottle: Many people would enjoy an expensive bottle of liquor as a gift. This could be a fine wine, a bottle of champagne, scotch, whiskey or anything else that you think they will enjoy.
If you want the bride and groom to be happy, think of their personalities, and what types of things they are interested in. Buy them something that you hope they will enjoy. They say that the best gifts are the ones that come from the heart. If your gift represents the thought you put into it, it will be appreciated by the bride and groom.
- 6 Thing You Can Do With Your Old Wedding Dress After You've Worn It To Your Wedding. You don't have to keep your wedding dress stored away in your closet forever. There are different things you can do with it after you've worn it to your wedding.