- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
5 Most Original Birthday Gift Ideas For Mom From Daughter!
An Original Gift For Mom
What to give mother that you haven´t before?
A nice dinner out?
Perfume? As if she ever wore any of the ones you gave her previously.
For this Mother´s I´ve decided to scout the web for the most original Mother´s Day gifts out there. Here are the top 5 Most Original Mother´s Day Gift on the web:
Heifer Helps Mother´s Make A Difference
1. The Gift of Giving – Support a Third World Mom In Your Mother´s Name
Why not give some charity to third world mom´s along with a birthday gift card?
Back in the days of the Spanish Civil War and WWII an Indiana farmer volunteered to aid affected families. He realized that the people needed “a cow, not a cup”. The price of several cups of milk could buy an entire cow that produces milk for years to come, ending the hunger cycle. Heifer.org helps poor and hungry people help themselves around the world.
- The Gift Ark: Yup, just like in the Bible, Heifer goes around the world´s most needy countries with two of each of their livestock (oxen, donkeys, water buffalo, cows, sheep, goats, bees, chicks, rabbits… a small farm) and trains impoverish families how to sustain and multiply them.
Donation: $5,000.00 Dollars
- Send A Girl To School: In communities where resources are scarce, girls are often deprived from education in favor of their brothers. With your donation, Heifer will give these girl´s families livestock and training with the condition of sending their daughters to school. This way you´ll help reduce poverty around the world by touching a little girl´s destiny.
Donation: $275.00 Dollars
- Launch A Small Business: Heifer doesn´t only provide livestock and farm training. It also gives microloans as startup capital for a small business with management training, savings program and marketing strategies to ensure growth and sustainability.
Donation: $365.00 Dollars
Heifer Breath Taking Mother Help Mother Story
Visit Heifer.org to get your gift
- Donate Livestock to Stop World Hunger| Heifer International®
Looking for alternative gift ideas? View Heifer's online gift catalog to donate a cow, goat, or other livestock to help poor families in need.
2. India Gujarat Handmade Evening Bags
A gift for Mother made from the hearth of empowered women
After a massive earthquake in 2001, several northwestern regions of India were devastated. The area affected is called Rann of Kutch, a seasonal marshy saline clay desert found in the Thar Desert, in the state of Gujarat, India.
This is the home of 2500 artisan women who make intricate mirror-work embroidery. After the earthquake, they had to resort to working in agriculture, which is seasonal and crops are often affected by drought.
The Fairtrade organization in association with Indian “SETU-The Bridge to Artisans” is providing the means to market their products in developed countries like the U.K. and United States. With their aid, thousands of women have now restructured their lives with dignified social standing and continued the traditional art of handmade mirror-work embroidery.
Price: $39.00 Dollars
Meet The Kutch, India Artisans
Fifty Shades Of Grey
3. A Good Read - Fifty Shades of Grey
Now, this was a bestseller book for 2012, but since the movie is on its making I thought it was a good idea to bring it back… and the Amazon commercial makes a good laugh for this hub.
Fifty Shades of Grey is an erotic novel starting Anastasia Steele who meets the ideal man, Christian Grey. Young, wealthy, successful, brilliant and filled with controlling dark desires. Anastasia cannot resist him and explores her own appetites while walking a fine line of self-control.
Erotic and amusing, The Fifty Shades Trilogy is tale of obsession with our inner desires.
What Do Readers Say About It?
Well, it is a mixed vote between really love it or completely hate it.
Those who love the book are taken by the strong characters of Anastasia and Grey, how Anastasia falls into the arms of a controlling man just to snug the rug under his feet, the transformation of both characters during their turbulent relationship that shift from basic desires to true love.
Those who hated it compare the book to “Twilight Romance”, but really got annoyed with the amount of word repetition. Apparently it makes references to the “inner goddess “ 54 times, the characters “raise their eyebrows” 50 times, and there are 80 references to Ana´s anthropomorphic “subconscious”.
So if editorial issues really bother you, maybe should skip to mother´s day gift idea #4.
Fifty Shades of Grey – Book 1
- Hardcover Price: $16.67
- Paperback Price:$8.77
- Kindle Price: $8.33
Fifty Shades of Grey – Trilogy Bundle
- Hardcover Price: $49.50
- Paperback: $27.72
- Kindle Price: $26.33
Fifty Shades Of Grey Book
Mother & Daughter Letter Book
Comes with 40 vintage looking letters so your mom can write to you.
4. The Mother and Daughter Letter Book
After losing her mother to cancer, one woman wished she had shared a little bit more with her mother.
Maybe just some written words that could revive old forgotten memories of intimate childhood, the “I´m sorry´s” when you made something foolish in your teens, or those tender words after the first breakup. To save keep all of these great memories the Mother and Daughter Letter Book was created.
It comes with a nostalgic set of 40 letters of beautiful vintage design. Write a letter to each other in those special moments of your life, but seal it and store in the book´s secret pocket, only to be open when the other is no longer around.This is a birthday gift that mom will never forget.
MOTHER & DAUGHTER LETTER BOOK
Mother Daughter Letter Book
5 Most Original Gifts Ideas
Which of these 5 gifts would you like to give your mother in her Birthday?
5. A Day In Bed
Finally, the best gift you can give a hardworking mom, a complete day in bed (and if it rains, the better). There is no equal feeling and memory of staying under the sheets with the whole family. Breakfast in bed, watch a movie, initiate a pillow fight… There is nothing more special for a mother than having her loved ones under her caring arms.
Mother and Daughter in Bed
Bonus Gift: Triple Molten Chocolate Cake (By Request)
By request from @bethperry (so demanding!) I include as a BONUS gift the almighty “Triple Molten Chocolate Cake”. Why is it the best gift for mothers by daughters? Because it includes 3x your average chocolate dose. I get headaches from this much chocolate, but woman achieve a state of bliss only they understand. They say chocolate produces the same effect as being in love, so yeah, an overdosed chocolate cake might just be the perfect end touch to a gift for mother from daughter. Here is the quick recipe taken from tasteofhome.com:
How about something handmade by her loving children?
- How To Make A Grass Head (Grass Doll) Step By Step
Learn how to make a grass head (grass doll) step by step for your kids or personal garden.
Rate this cake!
- Combine the chocolate cake and pudding mixes with the milk and eggs at low speed. Wait until all the ingredients are well moistened.
- Keep it going at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Thrown in some chocolate chips.
- Pour the mix in a greased and floured 10 inch tube or fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before taking to a wire rack.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix, regular size
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 and 3/4 cups milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 5 g|
|Carbohydrates 47 g||16%|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 30 mg||10%|
|Sodium 328 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2013 David Trujillo Uribe