Autumn Harvest Torte
What is a Torte?
A torte is a rich layered dessert that is made of jams, jellies, mousses, fruits or nuts. Some people confuse the torte with a cake. Unlike a cake recipe, a torte recipe uses less flour in it's recipe. This recipe is a cross between the traditional apple pie and an apple cake. It is best served warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Makes a wonderful dessert on a crisp Autumn night.
What you will need:
- 4 cups tart apples, cored, diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, walnuts or pecans
How To Prepare:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Spray a 8x8x2 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Remove from oven. Serve hot or cold with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.