- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Awesome Father's Day Ideas
Things to Buy
- Shaving Supplies: While these are something most men need and buy on a regular basis, a little special something (a different scent or style) might be nice.
- A Grill or Firepit: Tending fires seems to be something hard-wired into men's heads, and a grill or firepit can make for a wonderful excuse to go burn things.
- Pendleton Woolen Blanket: These cozy, manly blankets will be great for him, even if all they do is cover a seat in his truck.
- A Special Drink: A new brew of beer or wine could make a good gift.
- A Multi-Tool: My father received a multi-tool as a gift when he was a young man, and found it so useful that he carried it everywhere.
- Cufflinks: If he wears suits often, a new pair of cufflinks would remind him of you every time he wore them.
- A Personalized Toolbox: If he keeps his tools in a cardboard box, a personalized toolbox might be just the ticket.
- A Manly Hat: A fedora or ivy cap could be just right for completing his look.
- Overalls: An outdoorsy man would love a good study pair of overalls.
- A Grand Clock: Nothing says grandeur better than a fancy wooden clock on the wall. Make sure it chimes the hour!
- A Personalized Mug: Give him something unique, something he'll love.
- A New Book For His Library: If you need ideas, see this list of famous books for men.
Things to Make
- A Handwritten Card: He will really appreciate the extra time you took to make something personal just for him.
- Homemade Aftershave: Make something based on his favorite scent, perhaps cloves or sandalwood.
- A Slingshot: He may be grown, but shooting soda cans with pebbles will always be fun, not to mention bonding time with his sons.
- Book Safe: Visit a thrift store or used bookstore and find one his favorites, then read this article on how to make one
- A Corncob Pipe: If he smokes a pipe, this fun gift may be perfect.
Things to Do
- A Cookout: All the men I know love a good cookout, and if you can swing the work and prep, it can be something he looks forward to every year.
- Make a Special Dinner For Two: He'll love some special time alone with his wife.
- A Family Walk: Getting out for a walk to go look at the sights would be a great way to spend the evening. Going out into the country is even better!
- A Picnic: At the beginning of June, you just might have cool enough temperatures for a picnic. Don't forget to cook your food over a fire!