- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Halloween Costumes
Do It Yourself Kireger Cosplay: How to make your own Algernop Krieger from Archer Costume
Mad scientists are always in vogue at Halloween and Algernop Krieger from FX's Archer is one of the few mad scientist characters featured in pop culture at the moment. Not only is Krieger cosplay great on it's own, it works even better as part of a themed group. Better still, this costume is incredibly easy to put together.
If you're looking for a fun costume for Halloween or the convention season without breaking your budget, dressing up as Krieger might be the answer!
Putting together your Krieger Costume
Another very simple costume from the television show Archer, this Krieger outfit is primarily put together using articles of clothing that should already be in most men's wardrobe. The only item that might require some searching is his iconic lab coat, but don't worry: costume lab coats are easy to find and inexpensive.
Enough gabbing! Here's what you need to make your Krieger Cosplay!
- Lab Coat - As mentioned above, the lab coat is the key to a Krieger costume. Most people probably don't have a spare lab coat just sitting around in their closet, but that's okay. You can find a cheap costume version for under $20.00 on Amazon. Of course, if you have the real thing already, you're set!
- Light Button Up Dress Shirt - Krieger typically wears a light colored dress shirt most of the time. The colors are either a pale green or a light tan. The colors helps offset from the white lab coat. If you're in a pinch, just wear a typical white or blue men's button-up though.
- Earth Toned Tie - Brown or green ties should finish the outfit. Brown is the better option as it is used more often on the show. You can always use any tie you have available, however.
- Khaki Slacks - Self explanatory. A pair of simple brown slacks will complete Krieger's basic look.
Completing the Krieger look
Once you've got the basic pieces of your Krieger costume together, it's time to start working on the finer details. There are a few bits of costuming and accessories that can really help to pull together the "Krieger look."
Here are a few suggestions to help you flesh out your Krieger cosplay.
- A beard! - It might be a little bit obvious, but Krieger is never without his closely cropped beard. If you're able to grow a beard, you should strongly consider growing your facial hair out for a few weeks before whatever event you're planning to wear your costume to. Don't worry, even if you're unable or unwilling to grow a beard, there are false beards you can use to create the perfect Krieger cosplay.
- Medical Tools - Krieger is technically not a medical doctor. Or any type of doctor, really. But he DOES practice medicine! Fake scalpels and bone saws can help add some authenticity to a Krieger outfit. Maybe add some red paint or fake blood to make it seem like they've seen some action recently.
- Pigley - Okay, so it's a little hard to carry around a hideous human-pig hybrid monster, but it's your costume and you can be imaginative. A simple stuffed pig toy that you refer to as "Pigley" should be enough to add some spice to your cosplay and provide a fun in joke for Archer fans to enjoy.
Have you tried making your own Krieger costume? Let us know in the comments how it went and share any additional tips you think other Archer cosplayers might want to know!
Other Archer Costume Guides
- Do it Yourself Pam Poovey Costume: Make Your Own Pam from Archer Halloween Costume
Want to go out as Pam Poovey from Archer for Halloween or want to get your Pam cosplay ready for con season? Check out this guide to making your simple Pam dress up quick.
- Do it Yourself Sterling "Duchess" Archer Halloween Costume: Homemade Archer Cosplay
Looking to make your own Archer-themed costume? Check out these great DIY Sterling Archer costumes perfect for Halloween, cosplay, conventions, and costume parties!
- Do It Yourself Lana Kane Halloween Costume: Homemade Lana from Archer Cosplay
Looking to cosplay as Lana from Archer? Looking for a Lana Halloween costume? Follow this easy to use guide to making a Lana Kane costume and you'll be ready in no time.