Homemade Valentine Heart Crayons
Easy Homemade Valentine With Supplies You Already Have
I really liked making this craft because of it's simplicity and because we already had the supplies at home. Everyone has broken crayons laying around or if you're like me, a whole bucket of them because I knew there would be a craft of some sort I could make with them.
Making these heart shaped crayons takes only a short bit of time to assemble and once they're done, they look great! I also like that it's a gift you can give for Valentines day that doesn't involve candy. Having a kid with food allergies, I always prefer gifts that kids can be enjoyed instead of ones that my son can't eat!
Heart Crayons Ready For Friends!
- First assemble an assortment of crayons. Remove all paper and wrappers from the crayons and discard.
- Roughly chop crayons into small enough pieces to fit into the mold.
- Assemble complimentary colors into each mold or simple add a handful of each color to the molds for rainbow crayons.
- Put in microwave and melt in 10-15 second increments checking to see if they are completely melted between increments.
- Use caution as melted crayon will be hot and the mold will be tricky to handle if it's a soft one like the one I have pictured.
- Allow mold to cool in microwave or on the counter until completely cooled.
- One completely cool, gently pop crayons out of the mold and admire your handy work!
Handy Printable for Valentine's Hearts
I found the printable below at a website called My Frugal Adventures but you can make your own label or find a free printable like I did. It was super easy for the kids to help cut out the printable and put some crayons in gift bags to give to their friends.
The kids enjoyed the rainbow effect when coloring with these crayons since they were multiple colors.
Do You Buy or Make Valentine's?
© 2019 Lisa Auger