- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Themed Parties
How to Survive Spring Break
Spring break is one of the biggest excitements for college kids all around the world. It is also one of the most dangerous times as well and I don't want anyone getting hurt. Many people get kidnapped, disappear and are never found again on spring break trips. So I decided to write some tips and essentials that are needed for spring break. If you are interested in learning more about being safe and essentials for spring break keep reading for more information.
Tips on surviving spring break!
1. Never ever get in a car with strangers. This is the biggest no when it comes to any occasion! It is also the most common sense tip, yet many people still chose to do it. Kidnappings, disappearances, a lot of them happen because they got in a car and drove off with strangers. I suggest bringing your own car or getting a rental, if you need a ride. Call a cab if you can't afford to bring your own car or pay for a rental.
2. Always be with your friends and don't walk alone. Don't walk alone under any circumstances and don't let your friends walk alone either. I cannot say that enough always be in groups, always have a buddy with you. Walking alone can also lead to kidnapping.
3. Don't carry very much cash with you. If you are constantly worried about someone stealing your wallet, then I suggest you leave some cash in your hotel room in a safe place! Don't just leave money lying around because you never know what hotel staff might do. Carry enough money to pay for food and transportation. If you want to shop then still be cautious about how much money you bring.,
4. Watch how much alcohol you are taking in, you should not drink to much to were you can't drive. I would not drink at all especially if your friends are because someone needs to be the designated driver!
5. Carry a cell phone at all times and make sure you always let someone know when you get somewhere. Charge your cell phone at night and carry it with you at all times, if something happens or you need to contact someone this might be your only way so please carry your phone!
6. Carry mace for protection. If you are scared of being alone I would add a key chain of mace with your key or phone case, it is always okay to carry mace with you. Don't be scared to carry mace around many people use this for protection everyday! It is an essential for me and hopefully now it will be for you.
7. Bring your sunscreen! I don't care if you never get burned, or you don't like how it feels, bring it. Even if you don't get burned you still need to protect it, you can still get skin cancer so be careful.
8. Make sure you plan ahead when you want to go on a spring break trip. Hotels are probably all full, no rental cars are available. So you need to make sure you plan ahead and bring a lot of extra things just in case you might have to sleep in your car!
9. Bring your passport. If you are going out of the country or for some reason need a passport don't forget it because then you just wasted your time going to the airport. We don't need to miss a flight because you left your passport at home.
10. Check your expiration dates on all documents. If you are going somewhere far then you need to make sure you don't get there and your license or passport expired so check the dates!
What everyone should bring:
Don't forget your:
Pillows (unless you like hotel pillows then skip this one)
Toothbrush, tooth paste, hair brush, floss etc.
Shampoo, conditioner, etc.
Cell phone, cell phone charger.
Money ( Don't carry to much with you just in case it gets lost)
I.D's; passports, drivers license, any type of photo i.d
High SPF sunscreen and hats
Swimsuit, swim trunks, etc.
If you have any more essentials that you would like me to add please leave them in the comments below. I hope you all have a safe and wonderful spring break. Have fun but remember all of the tips I listed and don't forget your essentials! Leave your feedback below thanks for reading. :)