Handmade Gift Bags
Handmade Gift Bags from aTissue Box
Recyle Empty Tissue Boxes into Pretty Gift Bags
If you are looking for a way to recycle those empty tissue boxes that seem too pretty to just throw away, I have come up with an easy way to make two small gift bags from one tissue box. I will show you how step by step with photos. And...since Valentine's Day is right around the corner these little gift bags could be just the thing you could use to hold some handmade cookies or candies too!
Two Handmade Gift Bags from One Tissue Box in Six Easy Steps:
1. You will need: One Tissue Box in the color/pattern of your choice. Ribbon, Tissue Paper, Colored Paper or Gift Wrap paper that matches the color of the Tissue Box, Ruler, Black Marker, Small Utility Knife, Glue Stick, Paper Punch and Clear Tape.
2. Measure Length of Box and mark center. Draw line all the way around center. Use utility knife to cut box in half.
3. Tape center hole shut. Trim tops to so they are even.
4. Cover backs (which is the bottom of the tissue box) with colored paper or gift wrap paper cut to fit and glued on.
5. Measure center on each side about 1/2 down from top and punch one hole on each side. Insert Ribbon in holes and tie to make handle.
7. Print out PDF To/From Tags (if desired) and glue to front of bags to cover taped area. (See Link Below)
Printable Gift Tags in PDF
- Free Gift Tags in PDF
Three Printable Gift Tags