Homemade Ferrero Rocher: Easy Christmas GIft
Homemade > Store Bought
Homemade gifts come from the heart, you put time and thinking into a homemade gift versus going to the store and buying whatever someone asked for. A good idea is to buy something little and also make some little, making the gift extra special!
I know what my "little homemade gift" will be this year, and it's this very easy chocolate candy recipe that's tried and true!
- 1 Cup Raw Hazelnuts, chopped finely
- 1 Cup Nutella
- 1/2 Cup Wafer Cookies, crushed
- 1 Cup Melting Chocolate
- 36 Whole Hazelnuts, set aside
- Combine half the amount of chopped nuts with Nutella, mix well and refrigerate.
- Combine the rest of the nuts with the crushed wafers.
- Prepare a baking sheet that can fit into your freezer by lining it with parchment paper.
- Once the Nutella/nut mixture is firm (about an hour in the fridge), roll into small balls and stick one of the whole hazelnuts set aside earlier into the middle then roll the ball again to cover. Refer to picture below.
- Roll each Nutella ball in the wafer and nut mixture, coating the entire outside.
- Place all balls onto the tray lined with parchment and set in the freezer to cool for about another hour.
- Lastly, melt your chocolate. Either by microwave or double boiler, it's your choice. I prefer microwave because it's easier and faster. Both ways you can burn your chocolate so if you choose to melt by microwave, melt the chocolate at 30 seconds at a time. Stir each time to thoroughly melt the chocolate. With the now melted chocolate, dip the balls with a toothpick or a fork the has the two middle sticks cut off. Like in the picture below.