How to Plan A Sprinkle Baby Shower
What is a Sprinkle Baby Shower?
A sprinkle baby shower is a great way to have a party for a woman who is expecting their second child. It's not a huge and involved as a regular baby shower you would hold for a first child, but rather a way of celebrating on a lighter scale.
Don't be confused! There is still food, games, and presents at sprinkle baby shower! You can do a lot with a smaller scale shower, too, without a lot of stress and hassle.
With a few simple food ideas, decorations, and some guests, you can throw your friend or sister a great sprinkle baby shower, like we did for my sister, Emily, who is expecting her second child, a girl! I'm going to share with your how we planned and threw Emily a sprinkle baby shower.
Food Ideas for a Sprinkle Baby Shower
You can't have a party without food, no matter what the scale of the party is! Rather than get a huge cake for Emily's sprinkle shower, we decided to do cupcakes. The colors of Hannah's nursery are gray and green, so I thought simple chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with gray and green frosting would be an elegant, and easy to clean up, treat for the sprinkle shower guests.
All you really need for your sprinkle shower guest to nosh on are:
- Beverages. Punch, coffee, and water are great choices.
- Snacks: Chips and pretzels are all you need!
- Finger Sandwiches or Wraps: If your sprinkle shower is later in the day or around a meal, consider getting or preparing sandwiches for your guests to munch on.
- Veggie Tray and Dip: This is an easy purchase at just about any grocery store, and crunchy veggies make a great snack and addition at any party.
Don't forget cute invitations! I even found ones specific to a baby sprinkle shower on Zazzle. The link's below!
Get Custom Invitations!
- Pink Girl Baby Sprinkle Shower Invitation | Zazzle
Made in 24 hours. Custom Pink Girl Baby Sprinkle Shower Invitation created by seasidepapercompany. This invitation design is available on many paper types and is completely custom printed.
Who Do You Invite to a Sprinkle Baby Shower?
Really, you can invite whoever you want! You sprinkle can be limited to a few close relatives and friends, but you could invite more relatives, friends and co-workers if you wish. The idea behind a sprinkle shower shower is small scale, but you can certainly invite a lot of people!
Centerpiece Decoration Idea
Decorations and Party Favors!
When decorating for a sprinkle baby shower, keep it simple. A few disposable tablecloths, cute napkins, and perhaps centerpieces for each table would be a good. Balloons are a nice touch, too!
As for party favorites, it is still nice for guests to take something home with them. Small bags of candy are great favors, or even chocolate bars with customized labels would be a great idea for a sprinkle baby shower.
Need ideas? Head on over to Pinterest and search baby shower decorating ideas, and you'll have great inspiration!
What Are Good Gifts to Give at a Sprinkle Baby Shower
Great Gift Ideas for a Sprinkle Baby Shower
Gifts are still a big part of a sprinkle baby shower! Moms, no matter if they are on their first or fourth child, will always need new things. Emily got crib sheets, cute baby clothing, books, toys, and pacifiers for the new baby, all things she'll need. She also received gift cards and money to help get things ready for Hannah.
Don't overlook gifts at a sprinkle shower! A great balance of fun presents and practical presents would be ideal for a sprinkle baby shower, but leave out the big stuff, like a stroller, as a present, unless the mother has specifically requested or needs one.
Take lots of photos!
Games are an excellent way to keep guests involved! You don't need to have a lot of them. A few simple prizes such as hand lotion or small candles are great for that purpose. Here are the three games we played at Emily's sprinkle baby shower.
Diaper raffles are a great way to help any expectant mother stock up on diapers. Here's how you do it.
- When sending out invitations, include a small ticket. Let you guests know to bring a package of baby diapers of any size to the shower, write their name on the ticket, and bring it to the shower.
- Everyone who brought diapers and their ticket will them be entered into a raffle for a small prize at the shower.
Baby Shower Bingo
This is a baby shower classic! Here's what you do.
- Find a blank baby shower bingo template online, or use this site to find one perfect for your shower. Make sure all the spaces are blank, with the center space marked "FREE."
- Tell your guests to fill in each space with a gift they think the expectant mother will get while she is opening her gifts. One space may say, blanket, another, pacifiers, and so on.
- When that gift is revealed to be one of your squares, cross it off.
- The first one to get a row across, down, or diagonally wins!
Don't Say Baby!!
This is a fun game. The idea is to not say the word "baby."
- Get some small ribbon and some small plastic baby pacifier beads and make a necklace for each of your guests.
- Give one to each guest to put around their neck.
- If you catch someone saying the word "baby," you get to take their necklace.
- The person with the most necklaces at the end of game time wins!
Baby Shower Games and Your Opinion
Are baby shower games a good idea?
Keep it simple!
Remember: Any party of any scale can get overwhelming. Don't do it alone. Keep your party planning simple and easy by enlisting the help of others who know the expectant mother!
Don't Leave Dad out of the Fun!
If you still need some ideas:
A baby sprinkle shower is whatever you want it to be, really, but it is meant to be kept on a smaller scale than you would throw for a woman who is expecting her first child. A sprinkle baby shower is a great idea for friends and family to come together to celebrate the birth of a new baby, no matter what the size or scale of the party is, and THAT is what's important.
I trust that I have given you some ideas on how to throw a sprinkle baby shower, and maybe you've got a few ideas to add of your own. Share them in the comments!