DIY Craft: Valentine's Day Fluttering Hearts Card
Hub originally written by peachpurple
Handmade Cute Butterfly Hearts
Do you like receiving Valentine's Day cards?
Express your feelings with handmade cards
Giving a handmade Valentine's Day card to your sweetheart is a unique way to express your love and feelings. I find that writing the Valentine's quote in the handmade card is the best method to express all the words that you wanted to say to your special someone, especially if you have a shy personality.
Heart shape wasn't a romantic symbol !!
Heart shape was believed to be humans' center of memory, where the feelings of love were embedded.
However, the French and Italian artists from the 14th century, were the first ones to start using the heart shape in their artistic work.
Reasons to make handmade Valentine's Day cards
- Recycle, reuse and reduce trash. Everything is reusable for handmade crafts.
- I love to make handmade Valentine's Day cards because I get to save money on the materials required as I could find most of the colorful papers, stationary, ribbons and many more unwanted things in my house.
- Remember not to discard any excess materials that you had used because you might need them in your next project.
- If your sweetheart loves cute little hearts, then this handmade card might be your right choice.
- I cut out several little paper hearts, paste each one of them at one side so that these hearts looks like little butterflies fluttering.
- Handmade cards shows your love and appreciation of your love ones.
- The one and only kind of card in the whole world.
- Shows that the recipient is worth the effort to make this valuable card.
- A memorable card to keep for years.
Get ready materials
Basic materials required:
The basic materials required for this cute Valentine's Day card projects are :
- colorful construction papers,
- glue stick,
- color ribbons,
- gift wrappers and
- the normally used stationary such as pencil, scissors & etc.
- Solid satin ribbons are soft and smooth to touch.
- They comes in rainbow colors either sold separately or in a pack of 24 spools.
- I had bought a spool of peach color ribbon a year ago and had been using it for my every craft projects.
- The color matches easily with any color construction papers due to the soft tone color ribbon.
- Polka dot ribbons are cute and unique, makes your card extra outstanding.
- Choose glue sticks, normal glue or white glue, whichever that you prefer.
- Glue sticks are ideal for papers, cardboard and photos.
- If you use permanent glue sticks, they stick firmly and dry up quickly onto the construction papers, like the Elmer's All Multipurpose White Glue.
- This is a useful and sticky white glue. I hate the school glue that comes off easily that makes my crafts fall off easily. However, Elmer's white glue, sticks like a leech!
- This is great. I mean, I don't have to press out much, just spread out the glue with a ice-cream stick and place the paper together, it stick firmly and well.
- Well recommended for craft projects.
- Construction papers are sold in various weight and quantity. The commonly used weight is either 70g or 80g.
- If you buy 120g, it is slightly heavier which may make the Valentine's day card thicker than usual.
How to make a Valentine's Day Card
- I used some left-over gift wrappers for the top and bottom of the card which makes them pretty borders .
- Pasted two strips of ribbons to overlap the jagged cuttings.
- Next, draw out a couple of hearts on folded construction papers and cut them out carefully.
- Paste one of the side of the hearts onto the front card to form cute little "butterflies" and add dotted lines along the heart shape.
Quick and Easy
Honestly, I only spend 20 minutes to create this Valentine card. Beautiful and simple, isn't it?
Hope that you will have a great time and enjoy card making!
Things You Need:
Reuse gift wrappers
Things that you need to prepare:-
- white card - 1piece
- gift wrappers
- colourful papers
- a pair of scissors
- a penknife
- a pencil
- a ruler
- some colourful markers
- double-sided tape
- Use a ruler to measure the white card 6.5" x 9".
- Draw the lines out so that you can easily cut them out with a penknife.
- Fold the white card in to half.
- Measure the gift wrapper 5.5" x 9", slightly smaller than the white card.
- Use the penknife to cut it out.
- Apply glue at the back of the gift wrapper.
- Paste on to the front white card.
- Measure the yellow paper slightly smaller than the gift wrapper .
- Apply glue onto the yellow paper
- Paste it in the middle of the gift wrapper.
- Fold 1 inch wide of strip of pink paper into half.
- This time, take the lower end of the paper, meeting the top paper. Fold into half.
- Fold half again.
- Repeat the same steps for red paper too.
- Use a pencil to draw a 1/2 heart shape on both the pink and red papers.
- Use the scissors to cut out the heart shape.
- Open up the hearts.
- You will get a total of 8 little hearts.
- Fold back the hearts .
- Apply glue on the right side of a red / pink heart.
- Paste it onto the yellow paper. You can paste in a row or any pattern you like.
- Apply glue on the left side of a red / pink heart.
- Leave a finger spacing. Paste it again.
- Repeat the same steps for all 8 hearts.
- Use a marker to mark dots alongside the hearts.
- Measure 2 strips of ribbons the same length of the card.
- Paste 1 ribbon on the edge of the gift wrapper, one on the top and the other at the bottom.
- Okay, you have done well.
Cute Valentine's Day Gift
Hubs Related to Handmade Valentine's Day Gifts
- Pretty Gifts: Easy to Sew Heart Shaped Pot Holder
Ever get so irritated whenever you could find a decent pot holder to hold on your hot piping soup pot? Consider sewing one or two pot holders just in case you have more stews to cook. Here is an simple to sew heart-shaped pot holder with the step by
- Special Gift Idea: How to fold Mini Paper Hearts
Don't know what to buy for your special person on her birthday, Christmas Day, Valentine's Day? Why not make something special for instead of wasting money, time and energy window shopping all day. This project is easy for all ages, even kids know ho
- Unique Gifts: How to make Easy Paper Rose Flower
Make this year Valentine's Day a special day by making your own handmade gifts for your love ones. Handmade Paper Rose Flower is easy and can last all year. It is inexpensive and lovely too.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2012 peachy