- Holidays and Celebrations»
- International Holidays
Earth Day Quotes and Poems
Our beautiful Mom, Earth
Everyday is Earth Day but the original event is only held once a year, 22nd April.
Our planet Earth is sick, very sick due to global warming, bad air and water pollution and the waste that had been accumulated for decades.
If everyone could do their part, a small part to recycle, reuse and reduce , an anthill will gradually turn into a mountain of wonderful green deeds to revive our planet Earth healthy back to normal.
Let us save the environment
What can you do on Earth Day?
Earth day is a yearly event, where people all over the world celebrate this special day .
Everybody young and old, observe Earth day for the same purpose; to lend a helping hand to save our planet earth by organizing activities and to create awareness of the damaged environment we are living in.
There are many ways to celebrate Earth day with your family members, friends or even by yourself.
- Teach your kids what they can do on Earth Day.
- Read to them Earth Day story books such as "It's Earth Day by Little Critter " which features colorful pictures and interesting facts to increase their knowledge.
- Express your feelings and share your environmental knowledge to everyone especially kids, students and the public.
- Some people might not know much about Earth day celebration and how to celebrate this special day. Show and encourage them how to recycle empty tin cans, newspapers, paper boxes, plastic bottles and glasses into good use.
- Print Earth Day Quotes and pin them on the school bulletin board, create the Earth Day awareness campaign for the students to share their knowledge.
- Create quizzes and writing competitions for writers and school age kids to participate.
Earth Day Quotes
Earth Day at Schools
One of the activities to celebrate Earth day is to spread out Earth day quotes and poems by famous people around the world or maybe you could create some yourself.
Currently, most schools celebrate Earth day as part of the educational lessons which brings useful benefits to kids and students at early age.
Teachers teach students to recite nature poems, organize reciting Earth day poems and quotes competitions among different schools, print out and display Earth day poems in the school notice board where everyone could read them.
It is also a challenging task for teachers to teach students to self compose Earth day poems or quotes in order to bring out their creativity's, enhance grammar and vocabulary.
In addition, students could write them on their handmade recycle objects and Earth Day cards or posters.
Binoculars Craft with Toilet paper Rolls
- Earth day Crafts: Toilet Paper Roll Binoculars Craft for Kids
Earth Day and Kids are wonderful combination which results to unique crafts and wild imaginations. Make this pair of recycle binoculars for your kid's toys. Fun filling activity on Earth Day
Earth Day at Workplace
- When you are in the office, do include Earth day quotes in your memos and forward it to all your colleagues during lunch break.
- Discuss with them on how to save time, energy and water at work place. Your boss wouldn't mind useful discussion that benefits the company.
- Reduce usage of papers at work. Use SMS, emails, online chat to communicate with each other.
Use fridge magnets to paste little notes
- Easy 8 Ways To Celebrate Earth Day At Home
Let's make a difference today. Chip in your effort to celebrate Earth Day with Earth day activities for kids and adults. There are many ways to reduce, recycle, reuse and donate to save our planet.
Earth Day At Home
- Parents should set a good example in teaching kids about Earth day.
- Paste little notes of Earth day quotes on your refrigerator where your family members could read them when they want to get something from the fridge.
- Remove all those bad scribbling and job done notes. No one would read messy handwriting , jumble up notes pasting on top of each other.
- Paste neatly and allow some space to make reading easier and comfortable.
- You could also paste the notes on your kids notice board in their study room.
- Earth Day quotes to encourage your kids to reduce trash and reuse trash into another usage.
Besides that, send Earth day quotes by SMS to each other and your friends.
Here are some Earth day quotes and top 5 Earth day poems which I would like to share with you.
I love the Mahatma Gandhi quote the most. It is true that our planet earth provides everything for us but we are never satisfied of what we have because of our greed and selfishness.
Very true indeed.....
My Favorite Earth Day Quotes
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.
- There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.
- Most of us are familiar with recycle and reusing, but how often do we think of the third R – REDUCE? ‘Reduce’ is probably the most important of the three Rs because, if we reduced, it would limit the need to recycle and reuse.
- And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.
- Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees.
~ David Letterman
- We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them.
- Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.
~Henry David Thoreau
- There's so much pollution in the air now that if it weren't for our lungs there'd be no place to put it all.
- For 200 years we've been conquering Nature. Now we're beating it to death.
~Tom McMillan, quoted in Francesca Lyman, The Greenhouse Trap, 1990
- I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. ~Elwyn Brooks White, Essays of E.B. White, 1977
- A living planet is a much more complex metaphor for deity than just a bigger father with a bigger fist. If an omniscient, all-powerful Dad ignores your prayers, it's taken personally. Hear only silence long enough, and you start wondering about his power. His fairness. His very existence. But if a world mother doesn't reply, Her excuse is simple. She never claimed conceited omnipotence. She has countless others clinging to her apron strings, including myriad species unable to speak for themselves. To Her elder offspring She says - go raid the fridge. Go play outside. Go get a job. Or, better yet, lend me a hand. I have no time for idle whining.
- Man must feel the earth to know himself and recognize his values.... God made life simple. It is man who complicates it.
~Charles A. Lindbergh, Reader's Digest, July 1972
- Never does nature say one thing and wisdom another.
- Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money.
~Cree Indian Proverb
- The proper use of science is not to conquer nature but to live in it.
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtfully committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
~ Margaret Mead
- Until a man duplicates a blade of grass, Nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge. Remedies from chemicals will never stand in favorable comparison with the products of Nature, the living cell of a plant, the final result of the rays of the sun, the mother of all life.
~Thomas Alva Edison
- Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.
Go Green on Earth Day
Top 5 Earth Day Poems
Oh Beautiful for smoggy skies, insecticided grain,
For strip-mined mountain's majesty above the asphalt plain.
America, America, man sheds his waste on thee,
And hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea.
Take nothing but pictures.
Leave nothing but footprints.
Kill nothing but time.
~Motto of the Baltimore Grotto, a caving society
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
~George Gordon, Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
The winds will blow their own freshness into you,
and the storms their energy,
while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
Cast your vote: Earth Day Quotes
Whose quotes do you like best?
© 2012 peachy