- Holidays and Celebrations
Is Christmas pudding yuck? Try creamy apricot cheesecake instead
Is Christmas pudding a great dessert? Try simple apricot cheesecake instead
Apricot cheesecake rating
Simple apricot cheesecake
This creamy apricot cheesecake makes a really satisfying end to festive Christmas dinners, but it's so quick and easy to make that it soon becomes a favorite family dessert at any time of year.
My recipe was handed down by my mum
This cheesecake recipe is a tried and tested dessert. My mum passed the recipe on to me a few years back. You don't have to stick with apricots, though. Try the recipe with different fruits and amend the fruit glaze accordingly. I prefer the apricot cheesecake, I have to say. The apricots and creamy cheese layer mingle well together, creating a "feel good" factor every time.
My mum nursing her latest great grandchild!
Simple apricot cheesecake is an ideal Christmas dessert
Simple apricot cheesecake recipe
- 200g (8oz) digestive biscuits Digestive biscuits, Crushed into crumbs
- 50g (2oz) Butter/margarine, Cut into chunks
- 50g (2oz) Castor sugar
- 200g (8oz) Cottage cheese
- 300ml (10 fl oz) Carton fresh double cream
- 400 g (15 oz) tin Halved apricots in fruit juice
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2tbsp Apricot jam, for glaze
- 2tbsp Water, for glaze
- 2tbsp Castor sugar, for glaze
Find more amazing recipes at Amazon
- Heat butter/margarine in pan over low heat and add biscuit crumbs. Mix ingredients well until all fat melted.
- Spoon the biscuit mixture into a 20cm greased flan ring and press this biscuit base hard into a moulded and solid shape.
- Sieve cottage cheese into a bowl and add juice and finely chopped rind of lemon.
- Fold castor sugar into cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric whisk to whisk cream until thick and standing in peaks.
- Add whisked cream to cheese mixture and mix together. Spoon the creamy cheese mix on top of the biscuit crumb base.
- Place flan ring into 'fridge to set.
- When set, remove cheesecake from flan ring.
- Drain juice from tin of apricots and decorate top of cheesecake with apricot pieces.
- Make glaze by combining apricot jam, water and sugar in a saucepan and boiling until it reaches a thickened consistency. Leave to cool.
- Pour cooled apricot glaze over the top of cheesecake and leave the completed cheesecake in cool place to set.
Serve on its own or with cream
Serve your delicious apricot cheesecake on its own or add lashings of cream for a luxurious end to the meal.
The fruity and creamy textures of this simple cheesecake are a fantastic alternative to traditional Christmas pudding, but you'll find this dessert is so easy to make that it will become a regular addition to any meal at any time of year.
What's the best Christmas pudding?
So what grabs your vote? Christmas pudding or cheesecake
Make cheesecakes with different fruits
Variations of this cheesecake could include fresh or tinned strawberries, with a strawberry jam glaze, or blackberries with a blackberry jam glaze.
You'll only need to amend the jam in the glaze to suit the fruits you choose to layer on the top of your cheesecake.
Make New York Cheesecake with the Kraft School of Baking
© 2013 Dawn Denmar