- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Halloween Costumes
Last Minute Halloween Costumes for Plus Size Women
If you are a plus-size lady, you know how hard it is to find a Halloween costume. There are few options out there that fit a bigger girl, and many of those that are out there are unattractive or too revealing for some tastes. If you plan and shop online for your plus size costume you can certainly find something that works. However, if you wait until the last minute, you are certainly going to struggle.
Actually visiting a Halloween shop looking for a plus size woman’s costume is depressing. The store near my home had a nurse’s costume and a 1920’s flapper costume in plus size 2x. While those are valid costume choices, they bore me.
So, this leads you to putting together your own costume. I think for a plus size woman, this is a great choice. If you are willing to shop for pieces, you can use some of your own well-fitting clothing to create a women’s extra large costume that will look better than what is available at the store anyway.
Here are a few ideas for costumes that work well for a plus size girl.
- Cat or Rabbit – Simply pick up the “ears”, paint on the face and attach a tail to a cute black or white outfit and you are instantly a cute little animal.
- Cheerleader – A jersey for your favorite team, matching skirt, pom-poms and pigtails and you are ready to cheer on the team. You may have most of the stuff for this costume already in your closet.
- Witch – Dress in your best black outfit, a classy dress, sexy skirt and top or pants can all work. Pair it with a witch’s hat and makeup if you want to go all out. This one is easy.
- Vampire – Very similar to the witch costume, dress in black, add some fangs, maybe a bit of blood and get ready to wow!
- Zombie – This one requires some makeup, but the fun is in wearing old torn-up clothing and wandering around looking for brains.
- Dressing from a different era- Whether you want to dress like a 50’s school girl, 60’s hippie, a rock and roll queen from the 80’s or anything else, you may be able to put together a costume like this from your closet or by borrowing from an older relative. This is lots of fun, and every costume will be different.
- A Man – If you have access to some good men’s clothes, hide your hair, paint on a moustache and be a man for the night.