List of Best Songs for New Year's Eve
I have been searching all over the internet for the List of Best Songs for New Year's Eve but there was nothing I was satisfied with. Either that they were too traditional for me or that they have been like frozen in time. You know what I mean! So I came up with my own List of Best Songs for New Year's Eve.
New Year's Eve is about partying. Alone or with throngs of people, it is about partying. And party is never a dull moment. Most of the time, the mood is upbeat. What is an upbeat party without music? Everywhere, you can hear a thumb thumpin' beat where your body subconsciously dances to.
It is already given that any latest chart topping pop, hiphop, house and trance music is already on everyone's itune playlist, mp3 downloads and youtube video stream. What I was looking for are more meaningful and more inspirational. The kind of song that not just would make you jump on your feet. I want it something that would make you stop and ponder what a great year it had been. Something that would give you the faith, courage and desire to face another year, another cycle of challenge. Hurrah for youtube videos. Moving visuals add to the effect and message being conveyed. So, here you go!
Tribal and Spiritual Fair
1. Chants of the Islands, Fiji - This is one of those songs that you won't mind knowing what the lyrics is about because the music itself is very soothing. This is very good to listen to when you are alone or even with throngs of people who are trying to invoke some spiritual inspiration. If translated, the song is actually about the lament of a man about his woman who left him. He longs for her and will count the steps until she comes back to him. But for me, who don't understand Maori, it makes me 1) pause for a while, 2) look back to the past with pride and gratefulness, 3) summons me to a journey and 4) assures me that it will be a great journey ahead.
Another great way to enjoy this song is to play this in the first morning of the new year. Especially right after you wake up in the morning (make sure to put the speakers in full). It will make you feel rejuvinated, connected to your soul and ready to take on anything that comes your way.
What A Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong
1. What A Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong, - Who has never heard of this favorite classic? Louis Armstrong is such a brilliant singer who captured and evoked such serenity in one's soul to appreciate the beauty of nature. The rendition of saxophone by Kenny G added to the glorious melody. It gives us the feeling of warmth and happiness to what we have, to be truly contented and grateful of the things we sometimes ignore. I put this on the list because before embarking on another year of uncertainty, we need to take inventory of the things we can hold on to. Those things, no matter how small or insignificant it might be, will carry us through the troublesome times.
I Believe, Yolanda Adams
Nudging One's Self A Little More
1. I Believe, Yolanda Adams - Sometimes there are things in our lives that no matter how hard we work or try to make it perfect, it turns out not as planned. Even if we already want to cross over to the next chapter, some things are left unsettled. This disheartens us to move on or take another step to work things out. But sometimes, all we need is just a little more nudge. If someone cannot do it to you, you do it to yourself. Which makes this song a perfect motivation to one's self. This song is danceable. Guaranteed that you would be stomping those feet in no time. Why not dance into the groove while psyching up one's self, right?
2. Don’t Stop Believing, Journey - This song was popularized by the hit TV show Glee. But on its own is already incredible. The message is like taking any situation like an opportunity. Of course, because of what we went through in life, we try to shun anything that we perceive as an obstacle. Or when we feel trapped, we do not welcome any outcome not favorable to us. But sometimes, those things have reasons why they presented themselves in the first place. As long as we keep the goal in mind and hold on to it believing, each encounter along the way becomes a journey in itself. This song reminds us that it is okay to take the step that you forgo before. That it is going to be okay as long as we keep on believing.
Soar, Christina Aguilera
Soar Spirits, Soar!
1. I’m Alive, Celine Dion - The mere mention to yourself "I'm Alive" is already a comforting feeling. How much more when you play this song with all the speakers in full? I can already imagine that tingling feeling encapsulating my body. I feel strong, I feel like I can do anything. But the message of the song is actually a recognition that it is because of someone that we are or we feel alive. We reach that kind of feeling only because someone made us feel that way. So this song is in a way a gratitude to those people who made us feel great and alive. It is a good feeling that with another year, we have someone who will be with us through good and trying times Especially one that makes us alive.
2. Soar, Christina Aguilera - This is a very powerful song especially for people going through with rough times. It is also inevitable for some people that they may be spending the New Year's Eve alone. But this song assures you not to be scared to fly alone and find a path that is your own (lyrics from the song). You can only find that strength within yourself to own the world. So there is no reason to keep those wings. It's time to soar!
Awake and Alive, Skillet
Rock On New Year's Eve
1. If Today Was Your Last Day, Nickelback - This song posed a question "Would you do anything different with your life just because this was your last day? And since it was not, was it the reason you never took that chance?". It reminds us that living your life should not be any different than when you know it was your last. This song urges you to do what you gotta do. If you need to leave everything behind just to make that move, you should not waste any time. Today is your last day.
2. Awake and Alive, Skillet - Just listening to the song will wake you up. This is very powerful when at one point in you life you felt that you were already slipping away. But still you managed to realize that you are still alive, awake and your senses intact. The mere fact of realizing that can make you regain that strength and be headstrong. Especially when you feel alone in that journey.
Be Happy, Lighthouse Family
Danceable Songs You Can Never Go Wrong
1. Fireworks, Katy Perry
2. I Gotta Feeling, The Black Eyed Peas
3. It’s My Life, Bon Jovi
4. Be Happy, Lighthouse Family
I really like New Year's Eve celebration. I look forward to this day every year. I always make sure that my playlist is ready so that before the midnight strikes I am already filled with the songs that will give me a little boost of confidence. It maybe a challenging year ahead. But a little push, a little encouragement, a little boost in one's spirit goes a long long way. Happy New Year!