How To Make Beautiful Gift baskets To Give for Gifts
A Basket with a Handle is easy to pack
Start with a Basket with a Handle
Make your own beautiful gift baskets to give as gifts for birthdays and other occasions. Creating these baskets is easier than you think. Use a basket with a handle for your first endeavor, as it is easier to arrange your products inside. Begin this craft with an unpainted basket so you can select whatever color your wish to celebrate the occasion..This will allow to customize the basket to make it original. .Gift baskets are fun to make and people love receiving them especially with all the surprises inside. You can include favorite items for the person who will be receiving this versatile gift. They will keep the basket to store favorite things and will long remember you for your thoughtfulness.
You can put anything in a basket
What You'll Need:
- An unpainted basket with a handle
- Spray paint in any color
- Tissue paper sheets in any color
- Chenille stems
- Bag of metallic shred
- A roll of clear cellophane
- Curling ribbon
- Newspaper sheets
- Favorite small snacks, toys or fragrance items--depending on the birthday person's preferences.
- Birthday candles
- White construction paper
- Two rubber bands
- Two-inch wide heavy satin or velvet ribbon
- Craft glue
- Marking pens
Make A Beautiful Bow
The Finished Basket
Instructions for Making Gift Baskets
- Take your basket outside or in a well-ventilated room, and spray with two coats of paint and allow to dry.
- Line the basket with a sheet of tissue paper.
- Crumble enough newspaper to reach almost to the top of the basket.
- Cover the newspaper with another sheet of tissue paper.
- Arrange all the items your have made or bought, in the basket with the largest in the center. Crumble tissue paper around the objects to hold in place. Wrap some of the smaller gifts in tissue paper and tie with curling ribbon for a festive look.
- Sprinkle everything with the metallic shred.
- Sit the basket on a large piece of cellophane at least 12" longer than the top of the basket, and gather at the center top of the handle and secure with a rubber band.
- Take the chenille stems and wind them around a pencil.
- Tie a big bow with your velvet ribbon to hide the rubber band.
- Stick the chenille stems in the center of the cellophane.
- Take your white construction paper and write a big "Happy Birthday" with the marking pens. Punch a hole on the side of the card.
- String two strands of curling ribbon through the hole and tie around the neck of the basket.