National Sisters Day: First Sunday in August
The first Sunday in August every year is celebrated as National Sisters Day. It is the day to thank God for your sisters and to let them know you care about them.
There is a deep connection between sisters no matter how old they get. When sisters were younger, some arguments might have occurred along the way. They could argue and pick on each other, but they wouldn't allow others to do so.
According to the dictionary, sisters are females born from a parent. The females could have one or both parents in common.
A sister is someone you can trust to keep your family's secrets. After all, you grew up together and knew what went on in the family. If family secrets would be shared with outsiders, they wouldn't understand because they did not live through the experience like the sisters did. A sister is one who can be counted on in difficult situations. If other mothers were like mine, they told their children to look out for one another.
Sisterhood is an everlasting bond, and sisters are forever whether they share one or both parents. On National Sisters Day, let your sisters know you are glad to be in the family with them.
God blessed me with many sisters as you can see in the photo above and the ones below. We have our own personalities, gifts, and talents. Therefore, there is no limitation in my family when it comes to sisters.
Happy Sisters Day
Happy Sisters Day to all my beautiful sisters and to me for being among them.
If you think there were no males in our family among all the many females, there were two. After having a quiver full of girls, God gave my mother two boys. They both are in heaven now with her.
Needless to say, there was a house full of white bobby socks, black and white shoes and can-can slips when we were growing up and in school.
All of the sisters are disciples of Christ. So far, God has called and commissioned three of us to be licensed and ordained ministers. The keywords are "so far" because God is still at work among the sisters. No one knows the plans God has, but what we do know is that God has a plan for every life.
According to Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
It is not unusual for God to choose more than one sister to carry on His work. It is not unusual for sisters to choose the same career path. Here are some famous sisters who chose the same line of work.
- Kourtney, Kim and Khloe Kardashian along with Kendall and Kylie Jenner are reality television stars and entrepreneurs.
- Toni Braxton and her sisters, Traci, Towanda, Trina, and Tamar are all singers and reality television stars.
- Magda, Zsa Zsa and Eva Gabor were all movie stars.
- Twins Nikki and Brie Bella are professional wrestlers.
- Twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were actresses.
- Twins Tamera Mowry-Housley and Tia Mowry-Hardrict are actresses.
- Hillary and Haley Duff are actresses.
- Rebbie, LaToya and Janet Jackson are singers.
- Jessica and Ashlee Simpson are celebrities.
- Tennis players Venus and Serena Williams are sisters.
- Pointer Sisters are singers.
- Wilson Sisters are singers.
- Ashely and Wynonna Judd are musicians.
- Robin Roberts and Sally-Ann Roberts were both newscasters before Sally-Ann retired recently. Sally-Ann was the bone donor for Robin. What significant thing have you done for your sister?