- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
New Hollywood Releases-Inspired Themes for your Kid’s Birthday in London
Before we could come out of the action-packed world of Iron Man 3, two more thrilling movies, Star Trek into Darkness and Fast and Furious 6 have hit the theatres. No matter whether they turn out to be huge hit on big screen or not, they are sure to be a big hit amongst kids. All three superhero sequences offer great inspiration for kid’s birthday parties. And quite interestingly, all three movies portray London in their own unique way. Let’s see how to use these movie themes for planning your kid’s birthday bash in London.
Exclusive Star Trek Products
Star Trek into Darkness
If your little one is a trekkie, the new Star Trek sequence seems to be a great inspiration. Planning a Star Trek into Darkness themed party will not turn out to be as difficult as fighting off villainous John Harrison. Put your party planning hat on and get inspiration from these ideas.
Dress your kid as the main Star Trek character, Captain Kirk. Simply dress your kid in slim black pants paired with a full-sleeve gold T-shirt with black neck dickie. Or you can even dress him as Spock, in a blue colour T-shirt. Complete the look with raised eye-brows and Spock ears. To add that fun factor, you can order Star Trek communicators, Tricorder, and Starfleet Phaser from Amazon.
Start your invitations with wordings like “You are invited to a STAR TREK-A-THON” or “You have been chosen to travel the galaxy with Edward”. Ask your guests to come dressed in themed-costumes to take your party to a whole new level.
All you need to do is turn your party venue in London into a USS Enterprise. Sounds fun? Star Trek series is all about technology. So, first, ask your event planner what all they can offer like large plasma screen to play the movie during the party. Decorate the whole room with all odd objects painted with silver colour. Also, use plenty of coloured lights to achieve a Transporter room look. You can decorate the pathway like a galaxy. Hang strings of fairy lights to represent stars and coloured foam balls in different shapes to represent planets. Hang a banner at the door saying, “Welcome to USS Enterprise” or “Star Trek-A-Thon in progress”.
There are plenty of classic Star Trek themed games on Amazon. Otherwise, you can include some Star Trek themed activities to keep the little guests engaged and entertained.
- Everybody will be dressed up to the nines. Make the most of this opportunity and host a costume contest. Give out a galactic gift to the one who wins like a Communicator or Phaser.
- The U.S.S enterprise has to stay in space and never land on the land. Divide the children in two teams. Blow up balloons in different theme colours like blue, red, and grey. Ask the kids to keep the balloons up in the air for a stipulated time and don’t let it drop on the floor.
- Glue photos of the villains from the movie series on a board including John Harrison, the latest one. Ask kids to hit a particular character with arrows. Award the ones who hit their mark.
Dazzle you little guests with some delightful themed dishes and drinks, created to perfection. Serve some spacey delights like Enterprise Eggrolls, Communicator Chips, Vulcan Veggies, and Starfleet Sandwiches. Add some eye-pleasing delights like cupcakes covered with grey icing and black licorice. Prepare cookies in different shapes like moon, star, and Star Trek insignia; rounded triangle. Complete the menu with delightful drinks with star shaped ice-cubes. Do not forget to serve a spacey cake. Some alluring cake ideas are Borg cube, USS enterprise, and galaxy.
Do justice to your theme and plan all the little details to perfection. Planned thoughtfully, this theme will turn out to be a huge hit amongst little guests.
Fast and Furious 6 Race in London
Which Birthday Theme Would you Use for Your Little Kid?
Fast and Furious
Ready, steady, and go! The release of Fast and Furious 6 has made way to another creative party theme. Boys and cars go hand in hand, whether adult or kids. Pulling of a surprise Fast and Furious party is easier than you think. All you need to do is: keep the secret and follow these ideas.
Your invitation wording should be such that it excites all to join and get their hearts racing! Here are some examples to get you started.
- Start your engines and shift into gear, drivers! Race over to Edward’s Fast and Furious Birthday Party.
- Edward is speeding past, race over, and catch him at his birthday party
- Edward is turning to route 6…join him.
- Edward is racing to his 10th birthday. Let’s celebrate
- Edward has completed another milestone, catch him at his party.
To announce the location, you can add, “Rev up your engines and race over to the ‘venue’” or “the race will take place at ‘venue’.
To announce the time, word your sentences like, “the race will begin at 2:00 pm and the final lap will be indicated by a chequered flag at 5:00 pm.
For RSVP, end your invitation with saying, “buy your ticket ahead of time by calling at…”
Décor and Mood
Let’s start with the entrance. Decorate the pathway with cones and chequered flags to signify the starting point of a race. Adorn the venue with car piñatas and red, green, and yellow balloons representing the traffic lights. Set up a different table with hand sanitizers for kids and name it “Car Wash Station”. Also, make a playlist of soundtracks from the movie itself and others like On the Road Again, Born to be Wild, Gasoline, and Little GTO. It will help set the right mood for the party.
- It would be a great idea to organise a car race on pedal cars or power wheels, especially if you have hired an outdoor venue. Let the little racers enjoy the thrill and excitement of a real car race. An alternative venue option is amusement park that offers racing cars activities for kids.
- You can also set up a separate game zone for kids with PlayStations to let the little ones enjoy Fast and Furious themed car racing games.
First of all, for the food table, make a sign that says, “Pit Stop”. It’s almost criminal to not get a race car themed cake. Steal the idea from the Fast and Furious 6 wallpaper and ask your baker to design similar blue sports car themed cake. To fill up their empty bellies, serve hot dogs, chips, baked beans, and other food items in oil pans, drip pans, and funnels. To keep up the theme, set up ‘refuel stations’ for kids to have juices and ‘NOS’ for cold drinks. It’s hard to imagine a kid’s birthday party without some sweet treats. You can serve chocolate brownies shaped as car wheels or car-shaped candies.
If your kid’s birthday is just around the corner, make sure to use this theme to make his special day even more special.
Iron Man 3
Little boys will surely have a kick out of an Iron Man themed birthday party, especially when the hero has rocked the big screen…thrice! It’s a perfect theme for 7 to 12 years old children. Clear the skies and invite all the Super Heroes and villain friends to join your little Iron Man in his adventures.
Feel like getting a little creative? Simply download an image of Iron Man without mask and replace the face with your little boy’s in Photoshop. Use this image on the front of the invitation to give invitees an idea about the theme. You can word your sentences like “Calling all Avengers! Let’s Celebrate Edward’s 6th birthday” or “Superheroes! Fly Over to Edward’s 6th birthday”.
Red, yellow, and gold are definitely going to be your theme colours. Hang balloons in theme colours all around the place and put an Iron Man piñata at the door. Tony Stark is a genius who loves to tinker around his lab, inventing innovative things. Your little guests should also have a mini lab to create little Iron Men. To create the right effect, cover the tables with tin foil to give an industrial look. Wrap strings of white lights and metallic wrapping paper on cardboard boxes to create computer panel. As your guests enter, hand them Iron Man masks so that they can begin their venture to discover something new. To create the right setting, you can buy Iron Man party supplies online too.
- There is no use of being Iron Man if you are not good with robotics. You can buy Iron Man assembly kits so that kids can create little Iron Men. But you needn’t destroy them the way Tony Stark does in the latest sequel.
- Kids can design their own iron masks. All you need to do is set up a different zone and place elastic strings, glue, paper plates, marker, and scissors. Keeping the age of the kids in mind, decide, whether you want them to create the masks themselves or just decorate it with the marker and glitter.
- An Iron Man party is not just about exploring and inventing. It’s superhero time! Organise relay race in the yard, long jump, or target practice. For each level in the game, award the winner with Iron Man suit upgrades like glasses and arm plates.
- Another great party activity is to set up a tattoo booth. Kids will love to get temporary tattoos and flaunt them to their parents when back home.
Iron Man was rich but also a commoner who loves pizza. An Iron Man party is incomplete without serving some hot wings, pizza, and nachos. Spaghetti with shredded cheese on top can also be a good addition to your menu. To satisfy the sweet tooth, serve delightful cupcakes covered with red frosting. To power the little engineers, serve them roasted peanuts too. For drinks, serve at least two juices, one red and another yellow.
Done right, these themed parties will become the hot topic at school. Take a hint from these ideas and let your child unleash the hero in his personality at his birthday bash.