Party Ideas: How To Organize a Vampire Party
The Fascination with Vampires
Vampires have fascinated men throughout history. Early Vampire stories date back to ancient history, for example, we can find references to vampire stories in Greek mythology where blood became an elixir for eternal youth. In recent years, thanks to TV series and films we have seen a rise in the fascination for everything vampire. TV series like True Blood and Buffy the Vampire opened the way for vampires to become part of the new generation’s imagination. Vampires became fashionable and trendy. More interestingly, films like Interview with the Vampire and twilight have made of these creatures objects of desire, creatures that attract our attention with their beauty and finesse. Long gone are the days when vampires where depicted as Nosferatu nowadays vampires are extremely pretty, glamorous and sexy.
Throw a Halloween Vampire party
Having a Vampire party is now not reserved only for Halloween nights. Vampire parties are more and more common among people who enjoy gothic fashion, film lovers and those attracted by the fascinating side of Vampires.
However, as a variation to an ordinary Halloween party I suggest you try a Vampire party. The theme is less gory than simply Halloween and overall the ambiance is more chic and glamorous.
Fascination with Vampires. Twilight: Bella finds out Edward is a vampire and she is not afraid!
How to organize a Vampire Party
First of all decide what kind of party you want. Will it be a Halloween party where you aim to scare “trick or treaters” or will you be having a vampire do outside Halloween so you can indulge yourself with a costumed party with a gothic twist so your friends can dress up as their favourite vampire characters?
Once you have decided on your style of party you can start organizing it.
Organizing a Vampire Party
Parties should be fun from their organization to the minute your last guest leaves. If you are not going to have fun, there is no point in organizing a party. Organization is the key to success, the earlier you start, the earlier you can discover any weak points.
The basic points to organize a party are:
- Food and Drinks
Twilight Party Invitations
- Make a guest list. Include all your fun friends and avoid those who are too serious, those who drink themselves to a pitiable state and those who do not like to dress up.
- Send the invitations, do not forget to ask your guests to respond whether they are coming or not.
Gothic Demon Wall Candle Holder
- Establish how much money you can spend.
- Buy everything that you can buy in advance, according to your budget, and order those things that need to be delivered at a later date.
- If the party is going to be in your house, decide what areas are you going to use. Will your guests be able to go out to the garden? In that case you will need to think about outdoor illumination. Make sure everything is working (toilets, sinks, central heating or air conditioning).
- If you have a small place, you might need to open up new areas, like a small terrace or your kitchen to provide more space for your guests.
Gothic candle holders
Lush velvet fabric emulates real theater curtains
Transform any room in your home with this luxurious black curtains. The patented Thermaback techology is designed to block out 100-percent of unwanted light while providing all of the luxury and style of naturally flowing draperies.
- To recreate a gothic ambiance the cheapest and easiest way is using candles for lighting. The diffuse light of candles also helps to hide any flaws on your décor. Invest in some good quality gothic candle holders, you will be able to use them many times year after year for recreating gothic home décor or for your Halloween parties. I especially like wall mounted candle holders as they are less dangerous when you have lots of people around, being less likely to tip over and cause an accident. Candle lanterns are also a good idea as they protect your guests from the direct flame of candles.
- What about some dark red or black velvet curtains or if you have a modest budget you can always try dark crepe paper curtains or even black garbage bags to use as curtains. Remember that Vampires are supposed to have extreme sensitivity to any bright source of light so it makes sense hiding from natural light, plus velvet curtains look rather theatrical.
- Invest on some black spray paint to create instant black home made decorations. For example, you can spray paint on real or plastic fruit to create a "black fruit bowl" or spray some cheap plastic flowers with black paint to create a black flower bouquet.
- To complete your décor without spending too much money, you can put posters over existing pictures on your walls. You can buy some gothic décor posters at very low prices and if you are careful you will be able to use them several times.
Art Poster Print for vampire décorClick thumbnail to view full-size
Food and Drinks for a Vampire party
According to most accounts of Vampires, you might be aware that they do not eat, so strictly speaking you can get away with not providing food!
However, if you do not want to keep to tradition, you can have some finger food on a table for those hungry vampires that need more than blood to survive the night.
Drinks for a vampire party are very easy to make. Concentrate on having only a few drinks rather than trying to cater for everyone’s taste. My favourite drinks for a vampire party are all red:
- Red wine: for a bigger impact pour it on decanters rather than keeping it in bottles.
- Sangria: if you prefer to serve a punch I would suggest you make sangria for your guests.
- Monaco: This is a mixture of beer and a touch of grenadine or strawberry syrup; it is very popular during the summer in France. It gives beer a reddish colour.
- Strawberry and Raspberry juices for non-alcohol drinkers
Marilyn Manson: We don't need No education
- Hire a good DJ or compile some music and play it yourself. For a vampire party the ideal background music to start with is of course gothic music. Later on, you can play some other music. My favourite here is from Marilyn Manson.
- Play some Vampire games. What about having an area for playing a vampire video game?
- If you have a friend who likes to take photographs, ask him to take a picture of your guests when they come in. Photos will look great if taken with a vampire background or if you can afford it, next to a full size vampire prop.
Audi "Vampire Party" Commercial
Vampire costume for women
Dressing for a Vampire party
Dressing up as a vampire can be as easy or complicated as you want to make it. You can buy ready made costumes from specialized sites, for example you can Shop for Halloween Costumes at FlirtCatalog.com! or you can create your own costume if you have the time and imagination.
Ready made costumes offer a variety of styles, from the very sassy vampire Queens to gothic and period costumes. Lately I have even seen Twilight’s Edward Cullen’s wigs for those who prefer the less gory vampires. The chances are that even if you make a Vampire party where all your guests will be dressed as vampires, you will not find two people wearing the same outfit.
This year I’ll be wearing a long vampire dress, a voluptuous gothic style vampire queen in stretch lace and velvet. Because of the nature of the dress (you can have no doubt I am a vampire) I will not bother wearing vampire fangs or special vampire contact lenses.
Dressing as a Vampire
Vamp it up with Vampire Make up
Vampire costumes are not complete without good vampire make-up. As with your costume, you can choose to be as simple or complex as you are prepared to go. Modern vampires (like the ones in Twilight) do not necessarily have fangs, so if you get inspiration from them you don’t need to wear vampire fangs. However, there are a few “must-haves” for successful vampire make-up:
- Complexion: remember that vampires are dead creatures; even if they are of an amazing beauty their complexion is always pale.
- Eyes: vampires have special eyes. In the case of Twilight vampires, their eye colour varies from red to topaz depending on how hungry they are. If you are a Twilight fan, you will remember that Edward Cullen’s eyes were green as a human and then turned to red after he was transformed into a vampire. If you are used to wearing contact lenses, you might want to try some Vampire lenses, their effect is so dramatic that you will not need much else to recreate a vampire look.
- Women vampires are always pictured as well made up with red luscious lips.
Vampire Make up: How to create a Seductive Vampire
Research YOUR Vampire Look With Movies & TV
- Top 10 Vampire Films
- Ten Best Vampire Movies (That you probably haven't seen)
Ten lesser known vampire films for people looking for great vampire movies that they might not have seen.
- Top 5 Scariest Vampires in Film
Whatever you decide to do and whatever you decide to wear remember that the main point to having a party is to Have Fun, enjoy yourself!
Medieval Themed Dress
More Party ideas
- Sexy halloween party
If want to organize a sexy halloween party here you will find lots of tips to have the best halloween party ever.
- Party ideas: how to organize a medieval party
A step by step guide to organize a medieval themed party. Medieval parties are full of fun and once you have selected your costume all the rest is very easy to prepare.
- Zombie Themed party
How to throw a zombie party from dressing your undead body, zombie costumes, to rotting food, party decorations and music.