Quotes for Homemade Christmas Cards
Nothing says "I love you" like a handmade Christmas card. Sure, it's easier to buy a box of cards, sign your name, and stick it in the mail. But to open a card and find one that is unique and personal is true joy. A card is an opportunity to show your creativity but it's also an opportunity to spread a special message. Let's talk about some beautiful quotes that you can add to your cards for that extra special touch.
If you need some ideas for making your homemade Christmas cards, just take a look at some of the articles listed at the end of the quotes.
Christmas Quotes about Peace
Aren't we all wishing for peace in the world this year? Many of our brave men and women of the military are still far from home. Back home, their families worry about their safety and pray for their safe return. Add a message of peace to their holiday card and show them you care.
- "May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!" - Author Unknown
- "May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope; the spirit of Christmas which is peace; the heart of Christmas which is love." - Ada V. Hendricks
- "I hear the bells on Christmas Day. Their old familiar carols play. And wild and sweet the words repeat. Of peace on earth, goodwill to men." - Unknown
- Peace on earth will come to stay. When we live Christmas everyday. - Unknown
- "In each of us, there lies a divine connection to a power more powerful than hate or violence. Today is the day to attune to that power and use it on behalf of peace on earth.” - Marianne Williamson
Christmas Quotes About Love
Love is the greatest gift of all and Christmas is an opportunity to spread that love around. Many are alone or lonely during the holiday season, separated from friends and family by distance, illness, or obligations to a job. Add a little message of love to your Christmas card and touch a heart.
- "Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas." - Peg Bracken
- "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!" - Hamilton Wright Mabie
- "Christmas - that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance - a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved." - Augusta E. Rundel
- "The joy of brightening a child's heart creates the magic of Christmas." - W. C. Jones
- "Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas." - Dale Evans Rogers
Christmas Quotes About God
The reason for the season is to celebrate the birth of Christ. It often gets lost in the commercialism and rush of the rush of the season. A homemade Christmas card lets you tailor your holiday message to the season; to celebrate in your own way, the reason for the season. Add a lovely quote and touch a heart that may have lost sight of the meaning of Christmas.
“This is the message of Christmas: We are never alone. “ - Taylor Caldwell
“Christmas is a time to open our hearts to God and his gifts. Just like the rest of the year.” - Author Unknown
“Christmas in Bethlehem. The ancient dream: a cold, clear night made brilliant by a glorious star, the smell of incense, shepherds and wise men falling to their knees in adoration of the sweet baby, the incarnation of perfect love. ” - Lucinda Franks
"Christmas celebrates the awesome and amazing fact that God is grander,
wiser and more mysterious than we could have ever imagined." - Dan Schaeffer
"Christmas is a gift of love wrapped in human flesh and tied securely with the strong promises of God. It is more than words can tell, for it is a matter for the heart to receive, believe and understand." - Unknown
"Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be kind." - Helen Steiner Rice
Christmas Quotes About Family
The holiday often finds families miles away from each other or, estranged by misunderstandings, words tossed in anger, or differences in lifestyles or beliefs. The holiday season is the perfect time to reach out, to try to build a bridge, and a homemade card with a personal message might just do the trick. Add a Christmas quote about "family" for even more meaning.
- "The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other." - Burton Hillis
- "Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
- "It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air." - W.T. Ellis
- "When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things - not the great occasions - give off the greatest glow of happiness." - Bob Hope
- "Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends." - Margaret Thatcher
- “The best Christmas gift of all is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up with one another.” - Unknown
Christmas Quotes for Business
A homemade Christmas card is a nice touch for those that support your business too. It shows you care a little more than those pre-printed cards that cost a fortune and your business associates are sure to notice. So, keep it generic, keep it light, but add that special quote.
"Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance - each beautiful, unique and too soon gone." - Deborah Whipp
"Keep your Christmas-heart open all the year round." - Jessica Archmint
"Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect." - Oren Arnold
“Remembrance, like a candle, burns brightest at Christmastime.” - - Charles Dickens
Print your own holiday cards
A Touch of Homeade
My most precious treasures are the things that have been handcrafted by friends and family. They are my most perfect, imperfect gifts and are in fact, the only material things that I am attached to. They are the gifts made with loving hands and generous hearts and their value cannot be measured.
A Christmas card may seem like a simple gift but when you craft them with love, they are far from simple gifts. Whether elaborately crafted or make with the simple tools of glue and glitter, the love in your heart finds its way to the paper. When a special message, selected specifically for the recipient is added, you can touch that place in a persons heart that may have grown cold or bitter. Give a little part of yourself away this season. It really is the greatest gift you have.