Renting an Inflatable Bouncy House for Your Child’s Birthday Party
An inflatable can be a fun centerpiece for your child’s birthday party. They’re colorful, they’re fun, and they will keep your child and her guests entertained for the duration of your party, relieving you of some of the stress of entertaining many children. Some of the most popular inflatables include “Bounce Houses” (or “Bounce Castles”), Inflatable Slides, and Inflatable Games, such as ring toss or obstacle courses. Here are some things to consider if you’re thinking of renting an bouncy house.
- How to Organize a Class Party
If you are lucky enough to be tapped as Room Mom, one of your responsibilities will be to organize one or two class parties. Instead of freaking out, follow these suggestions to make your life easier. Keep It...
Benefits of renting an inflatable
1. Kids love them. With an inflatable, you will have no shortage of entertainment for your small guests. They are also great exercise, and give the kids a chance to run around. They also give your party guests a chance to do something they don’t get to do every day; your guests will have a great time playing with something that is a novelty to them.
2. They are gender neutral. Unlike many activities or party themes, inflatables are equally fun for kids of both genders. Girls may balk at go-carts, or boys may not be into makeovers. But inflatables will keep everyone entertained.
3. They are minimal work for you. Usually rental companies will provide set-up and take-down of your inflatable, minimizing clean-up and preparation on your part.
Drawbacks of renting an inflatable
1. They require lots of room. Most inflatables are very large, and require a lot of room to set-up. If you have a small yard (or no yard), inflatable rental may not be a good choice for you.
2. If it rains, your party will be deflated. Because inflatables are typically set up outside, you will need a reliable back-up plan in case it rains on the day of your party.
3. They require adult supervision. Because inflatables involve a lot of jumping, running, and physical activity, kids can potentially get hurt. Adults should supervise kids on inflatables at all times. So if there will only be a few adults at your party, inflatables may not be a good idea.
4. They’re expensive. Inflatables can cost $100 to $500 per day to rent, and some companies charge extra for setup and take down. Depending on your other options, renting an inflatable may mean a more expensive party.
If you decide that an inflatable is for you, be sure to rent one that is large enough to accommodate your party. Make sure that children wear appropriate clothing to play in the inflatable, and explain the rules of the game ahead of time. Constant supervision will ensure that no one gets hurt while having fun.