Safe Summer Fun Tips
End of Summer Safety is as Important as Summer Fun
Although the summer is quickly drawing to an end, it's not over yet! Summertime is my favorite season. I love this season, but with any time of year, there are dangers to guard against. So I am sharing some safety tips to keep the rest of your summer safe and fun:
- Keep your hands clean; this is the most common way to avoid contaiminaing food.
- Rinse fruits and vegetables and meat!
- Store perishables with ice on top and bottom of cooler.
- Avoid eating foods that have been left out for more than 2 hours
- When in doubt, throw it out!
- Install a fence at least four feet high around all sides of the pool.
- Anyone babysitting or watching your child should be able to administer CPR.
- When finished, remove all toys from pool. Your child won't be tempted to get back in.
- Keep rescue equipment nearby (shepherd's hook and a life preserver)
- Make sure pool gates self-close and self-latch at a height children cannot reach.
- Drink plenty of fluid regardless of your activity level.
- Wear light-weight, light colored, loose-fitting clothing, a wide=brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Pace yourself- don't push your body to stay out all day.
- Remember that infants, young children, people over 65, those with mental illness or who have hear disease or high blood pressure are more susceptible to heat-related illnesses.
Summer is a time for family food and fun. Make sure you stay safe and healthy. Avoid the summer dangers of food poisoning, drowning and heat-related illnesses.