- Holidays and Celebrations
Spiral Sliced Ham: A Holiday Tradition
One of the traditions my family has always enjoyed at Christmas time is a delicious spiral sliced ham from HoneyBaked Hams. Decades ago, my father starting buying these delicious holiday hams for his customers and employees. My brothers run his business today, and they observe the same tradition each year.
The HoneyBaked Difference:
These delicious hams are not the cheapest available option, but they are certainly well worth the price. If you've never had one before, you'll be amazed by how lean the meat is. Each of the hams is smoked for up to a full day, and then covered in a crunchy and sweet glaze like no other.
Preparing for Your Holiday Dinner
To decide the best size ham for your holiday entertaining needs, it's important to consider how many people will be dining, as well as how you are planning to serve it. A bone in ham can be expected to yield two to three servings per pound. If you'll be feeding 10 people at your holiday meal, you may want to plan on a 20 pound ham, or larger. When serving a ham buffet style, it is likely to go a little further than when placing dinner portions on individual plates.
Fun Facts About HoneyBaked Hams:
- HoneyBaked hams are served in more than 2 million households each holiday season.
- The company's founder, Harry J. Hoenselaar invented the spiral slicing machine for ham.
- The company has been providing spiral sliced holiday hams since 1957.
- More than 100 million families have enjoyed these delicious gourmet hams since the company's beginning.
- HoneyBaked Hams carries much more than just ham. You can select from among holiday turkeys, a wide variety of side dishes, desserts, and even complete meals to go.
Holiday Gift Ideas:
Since there are over 300 HoneyBaked Ham stores located throughout the U.S., a holiday gift certificate may be the best gift idea for your friends, family, customers, and employees. Certificates can be redeemed at any location, making it easy for recipients to pick up a spiral sliced ham, holiday turkey, or other holiday meal idea wherever they may be. The company also offers online shopping.
Holiday Ham Recipes:
If you're looking for creative ways to serve your holiday ham, or you need interesting ideas for how to prepare leftovers (assuming you have any), see HoneyBaked.com. You'll find terrific recipe ideas for a variety of dishes including spiral sliced ham and the other great gourmet foods available from the retailer, including: soups, salads, sandwiches, pasta, entrees, and brunch items.