Sweet Mother's Day Ideas
Things to Buy
- Flowers. It may be cliché, but it still has that irresistable charm and says "I love you" better than anything else. Just don't try it by itself.
- Bath Supplies. What can I say? All the women I know like baths, and special bath stuff makes it even better.
- Chocolate. Another cliché but a good one... unless she's on a diet; don't even consider it in that case.
- Gardening Supplies. Does she like the outdoors? If you don't have enough room for a garden, maybe she'd like a plot at the community garden?
- A Book. One of my Mom's favorite gifts was a full set of C. H. Spurgeon's sermons.
- Music. A new CD by her favorite artist, or band will probably be well appreciated.
- A Pre-framed Picture. My Mom has a penchant for lighthouses and 1800's paintings.
- A Special Coffee Blend. Nothing helps a busy mom start the day better than a good cup of joe.
- A Nice Accessory to Her Wardrobe. Perhaps a scarf, some shoes, a handbag, a hat, a shawl, a new skirt... etc.
- Perfume. Pick a nice smell that complements the ones she's been using, but smells different.
- Something Pertaining to Her Interests. Art supplies, camera accessories, a thesaurus, a new music book, etc.
Things to Make
- A Hand-Written Note or Card. This is always a winner, a little time to stop and think of more than "I love you" or "Happy Mother's Day" is just what's needed to make this an extra special gift. DO NOT just run to the store and buy something cute unless she likes collecting cute cards.
- Coupons. Write out some coupons for her, giving her a free night off from dinner, a free foot rub, a free bath, etc.
- Home-baked Goodies. A woman likes a man who can cook, and a kid who can cook trumps him with his or her cuteness.
- Write a Song. If you've got the skill for it, nothing says I love you like a song just for her.
Things to Do
- Watch her Favorite Movie Together. It's a simple way to show you care and have a good time as a family.
- A Special Date. She'll love some time alone with her beloved!
- A Picnic. A sunshiny picnic can be a great memory. Of course, getting rained out is an adventure you'll laugh at for years to come.
- Breakfast in Bed. Another "oldie-but-goodie". Just what she needs to start the day in the right mood.
- A Special Dinner. The same for home-baked goodies applies here, with the added bonus that Mom might appreciate not having to cook!
- A Special Play. A mother watching her kids put on their own play for her? Does it get better?
And Most Importantly...
Remember to tell her you love her. That will be the best thing of all.