Thanksgiving pie recipes
Apple pie is the traditional thanksgiving dessert. It may be the perfect dessert for thanksgiving dinner. Follow this quick, and how to make easy thanksgiving pie recipes and your pie will turn out great tasting and make the whole family happy. Thanksgiving pie can be stored in the freezer.
- Thanksgiving meal at Walt Disney World Florida
- Thanksgiving dessert recipes
Get some delicious recipes for easy and make-ahead Thanksgiving desserts. Thanksgiving dessert recipes incuding apple pie, chocolate peanut butter pecan tart, chocolate truffle loaf, pumpkin chiffon cake with nutmeg sauce and cranberry orange and tea
1. Thanksgiving apple pie recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
Apple pie topping:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
How to make Thanksgiving apple pie:
Beat the eggs and blend in sour cream, vanilla, salt, flour, sugar. Add apples and pour into pie crust. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 40-45 minutes.
For apple pie topping:
Combine flour, sugar and butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle topping over apple pie. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the apple pie topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled.
Yield: 8 servings.
2. Thanksgiving pie with pecans and cranberry sauce recipe
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 sticks oleo, softened
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1 (21 oz.) peach pie filling
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
How to make thanksgiving pie:
Combine dry cake mix, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in oleo until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Set aside. Combine pie filling and cranberry sauce in ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan. Mix well. Sprinkle crumb mixture over fruit. Bake 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Serve with Cool Whip or ice cream.