Laughing and Saying Thanks!!!
This made each of us laugh out loud.....he was loving some chocolate-dipped marshmallows
What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.— Yiddish Proverb
My sister and I do not need a reason to laugh....
I've always thought that a big laugh is a really loud noise from the soul saying, "Ain't that the truth.— Quincy Jones
Do you take time to be thankful AND to find humor in the lighthearted side of life?
Taking time for even the briefest moment every day to give thanks makes us see how much we really do have to be thankful for.
I know I have so much to be grateful for that I find myself saying, "I am so thankful for ...." often. I am not positive that I do it every day..So now that I see these words, I have decided to make a mental note reminding me to give thanks each day.
Thanksgiving Day is one day that we celebrate and pause for a moment to give thanks. It is time we make thanksgiving an important part of our lives each day.
Taking a look at Thanksgiving Day for a moment will give us the opportunity to bring a little humor, the lighter side to that holiday.
Something we can be thankful for is those who have a funny bone that causes them to dream up ways to make things funny we may not have thought of ourselves.
Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails. What puts man in a higher state of evolution is that he has got his laugh on the right end.— Max Eastman
Laughing is Good for the Soul!!!
A laugh is a smile that bursts.
Mary H. Waldri
Maybe you can try some of these....
Here are a few suggestions that might add a little interest to the Day....
- "Load your plate up high, then take it to the kitchen, toss it all in the blender, and take your "shake" back to the table. Announce that it's the new Thanksgiving Weight Loss Shake.
- When everyone goes around to say what they are Thankful for, say: "I'm thankful I didn't get caught" and refuse to say anything more.
- Bring along old recorded football games, pop them in the VCR/DVD player when Dad's not looking. Make sure it is set to the last two minutes of the game. When he comes into the room, turn off the VCR and turn on the regular TV.
- Bring a date that only talks about the tragic and abusive conditions known to exist at turkey farms.
- During mid-meal turn to mom and say, "See mom, I told you they wouldn't notice that the Turkey was past expiration date. You were worried for nothing."
A laugh is a smile that bursts.— Mary H. Waldri
A freezer full of canning jars will do if we run out of Solo cups and they bring smiles to faces who do not use them ....
No need to buy new paper plates; we have these left over from Halloween.
Oh, Dear, You might be a redneck if...
- You've ever had Thanksgiving dinner on a Ping-Pong table.
- Thanksgiving dinner is squirrel and dumplings.
- You've ever re-used a paper plate.
- If you have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say Cool Whip on the side.
- If you've ever used your ironing board as a buffet table.
- Your turkey platter is an old hub cap.
- Your best dishes have Dixie printed on them.
- Your stuffing's secret ingredient comes from the bait shop.
- Your only condiment on the dining room table is ketchup.
- Side dishes include beef jerky and Moon Pies.
- You have to go outside to get something out of the 'fridge.
- The directions to your house include "turn off the paved road".
Thankful for what we have...
- for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need washing, and gutters that need repairing and cleaning, because it means my family and I have a home.
- for all the complaining that I hear about the government because it means we have freedom of speech.
- for the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I can walk and I have been blessed with a car.
- for the shockingly high heating bill because it means my family and I are warm.
Not so humorous reasons to be thankful....but REAL REASONS to give thanks
At funny.com I found these little quips which have a bit of humor but a whole lot of truth...
"I am thankful for:
- the wife who says, "It's hot dogs tonight," because she is home with me, and not out with someone else.
- the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato because he is home with me and not out at bars.
- the teenager who is complaining about doing the dishes because it means she is at home, not on the streets.
- the taxes I pay because it mean I am employed..
- the mess to clean up after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
the clothes that fit a little too snug because that means I have enough to eat."
The two grandsons are reason to be thankful every day.
My daughter and my baby grandson: two reasons to be thankful
You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants.
Stephen King/Hearts in Atlantis
Why are you thankful??
This cannot end without a little bit of SERIOUS.
Each of us has different reasons to be thankful. There is one reason that I feel so blessed and so grateful this year. I am thankful that God has brought my daughter and grandson through another year. Without going into all of the details, they both have serious medical issues and have been given a terminal diagnosis. For me, every day they walk the planet is a reason to be thankful. Everything else is secondary to that.
Of course I am thankful for all of my family and am especially fond of my baby grandson--how much I cannot even begin to describe or put into words.
- freedom of speech
- freedom of religion
- a home, clothing, food
- Angels that watch over us
- God and all of His wondrous strength in my life
- my new friends on HubPages--who encourage and cheer me on
- the beauty in nature that brightens our world each day
- the sounds of music that lift me up
The list is endless. As it is for most of us, I imagine. Without being too redundant, I am thankful that there are things to bring laughter to my life.
© 2012 Patricia Scott