The best sweet treat ideas for Valentine's day
Valentine's day treats
Valentine's day is coming and what matters the most is that you want to spend it with people you love and who love you back. You want to make a surprise by making a reservation at a trendy restaurant or cook a delicious dinner under the candle lights with Barry White's cd playing Dozen of roses, a giant chocolate heart a handmade card and breakfast in bed are parts of your surprise as well. The most common surprise is a cake or a cupcake with red hearts and love messages.Here its one of the best cake recipes ever. It is used many times and the results will impress your sweetheart!!
These are the ingredients:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of cofee powder (espresso or greek cofee)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of boiling water
For the chocolate cake:
- Add all the solid ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coffee powder into a large bowl . Whisk until combined well.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to the mixture and mix together until well combined. Carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
- Share the cake batter between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes
- Remove from the pan and cool completely
You can cover your cake with cream cheese frosting, fondant, sprinkles or even strawberries Use edible ink pens to write love messages on a fondant covered cake
Print your favourite captured moment in edible paper and put it on your cake
Cupcake recipe that everyone will remember!
Cupcakes are very famous as treats. Covered with buttercream or cheese cream frosting can become ideal for Valentine's day
For moist red velvet cupcakes use the following recipe.Its just extraordinary!!
- 2 cups cake flour
- ¾ cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of liquid red food coloring
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of. vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
ALL THE INGREDIENTS MUST BE IN ROOM TEMPERATURE!
- In the the bowl of a mixer combine butter and sugar and mix on medium speed until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, the food coloring, cocoa powder and vanilla and mix well. Stir the salt into the milk and add to the batter Continue with the cake flour In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar and baking soda; add to the batter and mix well.
- Fill cupcake liners (little more than half) with batter and bake in preheated oven for 17-18 minutes
Edible ink pens are perfect for love messages on a fondant covered cake!
More sweet treats for him/her on Valentine's day
Heart shaped cookies are ideal to impress your soulmate. Covered with fondant or coloured icing can became a unique treat. The recipe is very simple, easy and vanilla scented.
- 180 g vegetable oil
- 1 cup pawdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Beat oil sugar and vanilla
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Stir through sifted flour and baking powder and mix to form dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until slightly golden
- Cool on wire racks.
Decorate your vanilla cookies with fondant or icing.Perfect scented cookies!!!
Use cookie cutters on fondant to decorate your cupcakes and cakes. You can use heart shaped cookie cutters, your first letter name cookie cutters and lips cookie cutters. Use your imagination to make a day to remember!!
© 2019 KellySavvides