- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Be different on Valentine's Day - Gift and Messages Ideas
Valentine’s Day is the day of celebration of love. Everywhere everything seems to be covered with red and pink - it’s as if you have donned a pair of rosy red spectacles in literal sense. Lots of time you’ll come across people who just get tired of this ‘pinky-ness’. And let’s accept it - monotonous color combinations, ways of greeting and celebrating can be a little boring. So how about being a little different? And what could be a better start other than way of greeting? A little different eCards/cards/messages? And then for gifts, how about remixing the traditional classic Valentine's Day gifts with personal touch?
Valentine's Day Gifts @ Amazon.com
Insert some Humor and/or Remix Classic Gifts with Personal touch
For Valentine's Day Messages
Instead of “lovey-dovey” messages, try some cool funny messages - simple and may be expressing some stupid incidence you’ve experienced with your Valentine. Even better, mention something rather funny (many problems are painful when you’re going through them, but funny when thought about in the retrospect) which happened to you when they were not around. It’s like telling someone how much s/he means to you without the heavy emotional overdose, but it’s still very effective, since it rings with practicality and truth.
Or may be you would like to pick up some nice eCards from the millions available online with cartoons expressing something hilarious. But make sure the humor is within the tolerable limit of the specific person you are trying to make smile.
Check out some silly Rhyming Love Poems, Fight poems, and extended quotes for Valentine's Day in this hub - Funny Rhyming Love Poems / Extended Quotes for the Valentine’s Day, What to write in Valentine's Day Greetings
For Valentine's Day Gifts
Remix the traditional ideas with a personal touch. It could something very simple:
* Take a chocolate bar and a knife and inscribe a message of love on it. (You can always save a copy of message for memory, or even better, click a picture of your chocolate bar - save it as a proof of your "effort making" for future arguments :D )
* Take a photo (print) of both of you, put some Valentine Day Message on it with an apt pen/ marker, or you could digitally add a Valentine Day clip art with alpha channel (like the one above, you could click on the source to check out more) before getting a print.
Or it could be something which demands more effort.
* A specially baked cookie or cup cake in shape of your valentine's initials.
* Put a transparent plastic sheet on a portrait/photo of your valentine. Apply gum/glue etc. to a small portion by tracking the picture below. Sprinkle same coloured powder / fine cut pieces of paper as the colour showing from the transparent sheet. Keep doing this till the picture is complete, and now you have a special collage. This doesn't require you to be an artist, just be a little careful, try to be precise and neat. The end product will be artistic, full of love. Finally, sign off with a message of love on a paper, and stick it with glue or cello tape roll hidden behind the paper.
The Color Combinations and Quotations
The typical color combinations of red, pink, yellow etc. are going to be around always. But there are many other color themes which could bring an interesting new effect and make your card look different. Along with the different colors, you could use quotations mentioning elements of Valentine’s Day (hearts, roses etc.) from a different perspective.
For e.g., check the video card below. It uses colorless sketches of roses with deep blue background. (Click here to send it as Valentine eCard.)
Valentine Video Card
Conclusion: Just think out of the box
So you could try many things, thinking out of the box, but be careful, this experimental lab might involve a lot of test tubes coughing fire and smoke. And since chemicals involved are emotional in nature - be extra careful. Try to test the water so that you don’t appear with a regular pizza when a candle light dinner is expected.
Have a great Valentine’s Day.