Top 5 Christmas Gifts for Children Under 5| 2014 Favourites
Great Gifts for Toddlers
Gifts for Children Under 5: Getting Starting
Finding the perfect Christmas gift for children under 5 isn't as easy as you think it is. There are numerous factors to consider when buying an awesome present for your little one or someone else's little one. You need to take a quick inventory of what the child already has and what they want/need. Also, if your gift is a toy, it must be long-lasting and should be used frequently by the child, competing against all the other toys said child already has. The gift should have the stamp of approval from both parents, so you should be considering things like durability, safety, level of annoyance (sound) and the cool factor. Just what ARE the other kids playing with these days? If you can figure that one out, you just might be deemed as the favourite uncle/aunt/parent.
The first thing you should do is do some market research. Look around at what toys other kids are playing with, ask the store sales person a lot of questions to see which toys are the most popular at this time. All the gift suggestions provided below are from Amazon's best selling kids toys and gifts, so that says something about the popularity of these toys-if a lot of people are buying these toys and these toys are for toddlers, then toddlers probably like these toys a lot.
Great gifts for toddlers: Some questions to ask yourself :
- Is the toy lovable and not scary looking?
- For toddler boys- does the toy have wheels? Boys love anything with wheels.
- Does the toy make cool sounds?
- Look around a bit, what toys are other toddlers playing with these days?
- Or find something unique-what toy is so awesome that no other kid has it?
Gifts for toddlers that parents like-some questions to ask yourself:
- Is the gift educational?
- If the toy makes noise: is the noise not too annoying and is there an off switch?
- Is the toy well made (indestructible) and made of safe products (no PVC in plastic parts, no lead ect.)
- If it's art supplies-are they non-toxic and washable?
- Will this toy/gift keep the child occupied for long periods of time? Parents love those kinds of gifts.
Gifts for Children: Developmental Physical Stages: Ages 1 to 5
Age of child
Motor Skills and Abilities
creeps up stairs, walks (10-20 min), makes lines on paper with crayo
Portable mini cars that double as a "push-car", puzzles and shapes, balls, stuffed toy (good toddlers of all ages)
Runs, kicks a ball, builds 6 cube tower (2yrs).
Jumps off a step, rides a tricycle, uses crayons, builds a 9-10 cube tower
Blocks, art supplies, run-bike or tricycle, musical play instruments
Stands on one leg, jumps up and down, draws a circle and a cross (4 yrs).
Books, run-bike, scooter, washable felts, stickers
Likes to share, uses “we”Cooperative play with other children, nursery school.
Mature motor control, skips, broad jumps, dresses himself, copies a square and a triangle
Skipping rope, Pretend play items: play food, play kitchen/house, water squirter
Prefers to play with other children and is competitive
Has mastered basic grammar, relates a story
Picture books, Paints, felts, pencil crayons, lego
Cool gift for Kids: Elmo
1. Great Gift for Toddlers: Sesame Street Big Hugs Elmo
This Elmo stuffed toy is a cool gift for kids under 5. This toy is not only good for cuddling, but it also talks, makes sounds, gives hugs and comforts. Also, this Elmo toy was chosen as one of the top products for Amazon's Holiday Toy List for 2013. Here are some specs:
- Hug your Big Hugs Elmo toy and he really hugs back
- Dance and sing with Elmo
- Move Elmo around and see how he responds
- Pretend with 4 fun imagination scenarios about astronauts, rabbits, frogs and horses
- Lay Elmo down and he gets sleepy and sings a lullaby
Cool Gifts for Kids Under 5
What gift will you give to your little one this Christmas?
Laugh and Learn Car
2. Gifts for Toddler Boys or Girls: Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Crawl Around Car
This laugh and learn car is a crowd pleaser because it's got wheels (bonus-kids love things with wheels, especially boys), it's educational (parents will love this) and it's got tons of cool features and sounds. Here are the specs:
- 75+ sing-along songs, tunes and phrases
- Interactive dashboard with lights, sounds and busy activities
- 3 modes of play: Learning, Music and Imagination
- Introduces baby to letters, numbers, colors, first words, greetings and more
LEGO DUPLO Construction
3. Gifts for Toddler Biys: Lego Duplo: My First Construction Site
This Lego Duplo Set would be perfect for a little budding construction worker (making for a great gift for toddler boys). Here are the specs:
- Includes 2 workmen LEGO® DUPLO® figures.
- Features building, road sign, cone, small building plates and assorted DUPLO bricks.
- Truck measures over 2" (7cm) high, 4" (11cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide.
- Raise the front loader bucket!
- Vehicles include DUPLO truck, crane and front loader.
Disney Princess Songs Palace
4. Gifts for Toddler Girls: Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace
- Introduce children to classic Disney Princesses with the Little People
- Includes 7 palace play areas
- Place any princess on the magical palace dance floor to hear her name, phrases, and a song
- Includes Cinderella and Snow White
Step2 LifeStyle Custom Kitchen II
5. Great Gift for Toddlers: Step2 LifeStyle Custom Kitchen II
- 20 piece accessory set includes phone, frying pan, boiling pot, salt and pepper shaker, 2 cups, bowls and plates, recycle bin and silverware set
- Special frying pan and boiling pot with lid activate electronic frying and boiling water sounds in stove's front burner
- Includes "stainless steel" oven, microwave and refrigerator and upscale, granite-look counter tops
- Recycle bin and pull-out drawer
- Plate rack, storage shelf, sink with faucet, framed window and wallpaper border