- Holidays and Celebrations»
Top Christmas Toys 2011
Christmas 2011 Hot Toys Gifts
Have you started thinking about Christmas shopping yet? Don't worry, I won't patronize you with that, "There's only X number of shopping days left until Christmas," garbage. Does that even make any sense? This isn't 1950, aren't all days shopping days now? Is there actually a difference between the number of days left before Xmas and the number of shopping days left before Christmas? (I smell marketing hoopla.)
Anyway, each year, there are hot new must have toys for kids. Moms and Dads looking to get a jump on holiday shopping are showing good parenting skills. Christmas 2011 will be no different. So, without further ado, here are the Hottest New Toys for Christmas 2011.
Hot Christmas Gifts 2011
Must Have Toys Top List
- Zhu Zhu Pets Hamsters - I don't know what the heck the deal is with these things either, but kids love them and they are the Toys R Us Hot 15 Toys list and #1 bestsellers at Amazon. Don't ask questions, just think "This year's Pokemon" and you know all you need to know. Find out which one your nephew doesn't have, and just buy it. Don't bother trying to figure it out.
- Snow White Toys - Get out ahead of the curve on this one, because they aren't hot, yet. Disney is re-releasing Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in October. By November, every young girl in America is going to want Snow White stuff. See if you can find it on sale early.
- Toy Story Toys - Same thing with this one. Disney is re-releasing into theaters a double feature of Toy Story (the good one) and Toy Story 2 (the lame one.) That will re-ignite demand for all things Toy Story, especially Buzz Lightyear. Everyone likes him better than Woody. Also, watch for a gleaming eyed giggle from youngsters who might like Rex the Dinosaur or Mr. Potato Head instead.
- Wii Fit or Wii Sport - If the kiddo doesn't have a Wii yet, they'll want one for Christmas. Wii is still the cool one that lets you move around your controller and kids love that. Sure, a Playstation 3 or a Xbox 360 isn't something anyone says no to, but the Wii is still the hottest for kids.
- Original Tickle Me Elmo - After running out of ideas for an Elmo toy with artificially manufactured demand caused by over-advertising and under-production, the Fisher-Price / Sesame Street gang is going back to the one that started it all by releasing an ORIGINAL Tickle Me Elmo doll.
- Nerf N-Strike - This will be the popular NERF toy. It holds 35 darts, and that means plenty of firing before having to pick stuff up.
- Whamo Snowball Blaster - It makes snowballs and then fires them up to 80 ft! That is the kind of toy that is fun for kids and adults.
- Big Lego Sets - The reason kids are so often disappointed with Legos as gifts is that parents don't buy the BIG ones. If your kids seem to love Legos, don't get a bunch of little ones. Go get one HUGE set and watch them light up like the Christmas Tree.
- Nintendo DSi - This year's portable video game system of choice is the Nintendo DSi. Sure you just bought the little guy a PSP a few years ago, but a few years is CENTURIES in video game years. He needs a DSi, stat!