Traditional Christmas Music
Favorite Traditional Christmas Songs
The holiday season is a wonderful time of year, where family and friends come together and reminisce about yesterday and what tomorrow promises. Traditional Christmas songs have been a part of each generation and has been carried on for many, many years. There are so many beautiful songs that we have all grown to love and we cannot seem to get them out of our mind. Some of us hum them, some of us sing them in tune or out as it warms our spirit during the holiday season. I realize I have been missing in action in the last week and I am going through hub withdrawal, so as I sit and write this I would like to wish each of my many fans new and old a Happy Holiday and a Merry Christmas and I hope to see each and everyone of you back on HubPages, after the holidays. Here is my list of holiday favorites and some of you may have heard of them and some of you may have not. If you haven't heard them take a moment to listen to them and create your own meaning of Christmas.
1. "Silent Night" Silent Night, Holy Night , all is calm , all is bright...What a tranquil song , so serene and peaceful I wish the world could be that way 365 days a year.
2. "White Christmas" I'm dreaming of a White Christmas....For many a White Christmas is a giving but what a beautiful old song that Bing Crosby sings, I play that every year on our piano.
3. " Little Drummer Boy" , Come the told me ,pa rum pum pum... How many out there in HubPage land have played the drums? Lyrics are easy and it brings back a little bit of childhood where life was much more carefree.
4. "12 Days of Christmas" On the first day of Christmas my truly love gave to me... This song has been re-written so many times but the traditional song is the one that so many remember the most.
5. "O Tannenbaum" O 'Tannenbaum, O' Tannenbaum ....When I was young this was one of the first songs I loved to sing as I was learning how to sing about a Christmas Tree in a different language.
6. "Jingle Bells" Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way.... It is nothing like to a ride on a sleigh in a snow capped evening, what a romantic thing to do for someone you love, as you are nestled together trying to keep warm.
7. "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth" .... How many of us recall that song, and how many didn't have two front teeth at Christmas when we were kids?
8. "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" , Jolly Old St.Nicholas lean your ear this way, don't you tell a single soul , what I'm going to say... I loved being a child and believed in Santa for years, sometimes I think I still believe don't you?"
9. "Old Little Town Of Bethlehem" O' Lilttle Town of Bethlehem, how still we see thee lie, Above thy deep and dreamless sleep.... Heart Warming and a song you can sing your children to sleep with , very traditonal as Rector Phillips Brooks wrote the song following a pilgrimage to Bethlehem.
10. "Jingle Bell Rock" , Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock.... This sound really gets you in the mood for Christmas and mistletoe, we play it every year when we are decorating the Christmas tree and having a glass of wine.
If you are looking to find the complete lyrics to any of these songs or simple sheet music www.carols.org.uk has many of the songs that we have all grown to love. And for those that want to experience a little tradition do something different this year and download them on www.itunes.com as some are free and others are very inexpensive.
"Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas". and I hope that you enjoy reading this article as much as I have enjoyed sharing it with you. You are always welcome to comment and give your favorites.
- Santa Baby Hurry Down The Chimney Tonight
fotosearch Santa Baby just slip a convertible under the tree for me a Bentley I 've been a very good girl, Santa baby it will be to big to go down the chimney tonight. Santa baby I would also like a ...