Unique Birdhouses for Christmas as Gifts for Bird Lovers
Who doesn’t love birds in their backyard? So if you have a patio, lawn or a garden then definitely you would love to have birdhouses too. These are not just adorable to look at but in a way help the birds get the resting place too.
It’s beautiful to listen to the melodious voice of the birds chirping in their birdhouses. So, if you also have a friend who loves birds, then gifting him a birdhouse this Christmas would be a nice idea. He will definitely thank you for this amazing gift.
However before you choose one for yourself or your friend, make sure you are buying the right kind- it should have all the necessary features and meet all the requirements which are needed in a perfect birdhouse. Hope this Christmas, you fill the life of birds with joys too!!
How to Choose the Right Kind of Birdhouse?
If you or your friend intends to have birds in your backyard then meeting the bird’s basic survival needs is a must- this includes food, water and shelter. Apart from that you need to choose the birdhouse for them keeping in mind various essential factors. At times just out of look we buy so many of the designs which are not suitable for the birds. So, always look for the following things in a birdhouse:
- All bird species do not prefer an enclosed shelter for brooding their eggs so before you buy a birdhouse just notice which birds are regularly visiting your backyard. Tits, Chickadees, bluebirds prefer to reside in a birdhouse. If you have a house in your garden, they will certainly be the first ones to reside
- You need to be particularly careful with regard to the size and style of the bird house too. So try to choose the ones which meet their nesting requirements. Make sure to focus upon entrance hole sizes which should be suitable for the resident bird to enter but the larger birds should not be able to enter in order to keep the nesting birds safe.
3. These houses should be kept at appropriate place in a way to give safety and security to the parent birds to raise their broods with ease and comfort.
4. If you are providing the right kind of nesting material then the birds will be more interested in calling your birdhouse their own home. So provide them with twigs, grasses, pebbles, strings etc.
5. Make sure that you keep the bird houses not just safe but clean as well. This is important because nesting birds will never use those houses which are not safe for hatchlings. Keep them clean because believe it or not birds too prefer clean houses.
6. Always take the climate and weather conditions into account for the backyard birds which will make them more attractive because this will ensure a healthy bird families and the chances of survival of chicks too increases manifold.
Features of a Good Birdhouse
There are some of the most essential features which you should keep in mind before you buy a birdhouse. It is not necessary that each and every house you have for the birds will attract them; some of them might even go vacant. This occurs mainly due to the fact that these birdhouses might be lacking some of the essential features which are a prerequisite. Have a look at these:
- Lots of birds do not need any kind of perches. So, if your birdhouse has a perch it can be a disadvantage in some of the cases.
- The floor dimensions of the box are important. It should be 4X4 inches so that there is enough space for the young one to grow and develop fully.
- The height of the box too matters a lot. The distance from the entrance hole to the floor should be around 5 inches.
- Ventilation should not be neglected to let the hot air move out and the sun rays to enter inside.
- Drainage holes are a must to let the water move out of the house easily.
A Beautiful Bird Ornament for Christmas Gift
The Holly Felt Birdhouse: It is made from 100% water repellant wool, so when it gets wet it will dry very fast. Apart from that a special feature of wool is that it is naturally dirt and mold resistant too. You can hang it indoor or outdoor and this is a great place for beautiful birds like wren, chickadees, nuthatch and titmouse. This one is suitable enough to be placed in a porch.
Pin Oak Acorn Felt Birdhouse: This house looks pretty amazing. It looks decorative and used for both indoors and outdoors. It is made from water resistant sheep's wool and thus will keep the water at bay. This is good for birds like Chickadees, Wrens, Titmouse, Nuthatch and Downy Woodpeckers. It is made by skilled artisans and would make a great Christmas gift too fr the bird lovers.
Butterfly Felt Birdhouse: I just fell in love with the look of this birdhouse, it looks too beautiful and definitely it would be a surprise gift for bird lovers on Christmas or Thanksgiving. Birds which can use it includes Chickadees, Wrens, Titmouse, Nuthatch and Downy Woodpeckers. The good thing is that the hole of this house can be enlarged to accommodate some other birds too like Tree Swallows and Blue Birds. It has a bamboo perch and made from sheep wool. Some recycled paper too has been used in order to give it a proper shape.
So, let us make this Christmas a great one by gifting not just the bird ornaments to the bird lovers but also surprise them with these unique and adorable birdhouses which they are surely going to hang in their patio or garden.
Do You Have Birdhouses in Your Garden or Patio
10 Most Beautiful Bird Ornaments for Your Christmas Tree
- 10 Most Beautiful Bird Ornaments for Your Christmas Tree
Bird ornaments are always one of the most popular ornaments for Christmas tree. These look beautiful and sweet. You can have parrots, owls, squirrel, stork, doves ornaments on your christmas tree
Choosing Outdoor Statues for Patio, Lawn and Garden as Christmas Gifts
- Choosing Outdoor Statues for Patio, Lawn and Garden as Christmas Gifts
This Christmas decorate your patio, lawn or garden with outdoor statues which have beauty and magnificence. These give a pleasant appeal and are loved by the guests too. Choose these statues correctly.
7 Best Christmas Gifts for NewBorns Which You Must Buy
- 7 Best Christmas Gifts for NewBorns Which You Must Buy
Buy the best christmas gift for the newborn baby be it girl or boy, surprise the little one with clothes, toys and other personalised gifts to make his christmas memorable.
Buying Best Christmas Lights for Your Bedroom
- Buying Best Christmas Lights for Your Bedroom
Choose best and unique Christmas lights for your bedroom, have a theme to decorate your bedroom then your Christmas lights too should be the same kind. Buy fairy lights, flowery lights, paper lights.
Christmas Collectible Figurines for Home Decoration
- Christmas Collectible Figurines for Home Decoration
Christmas Collectible figurines for home décor are a must have to gift your chidlren every Christmas, these include christmas ornaments, collector plates, nativity scene, villages and buildings.
7 Best Selling Christmas Collectible Buildings
- 7 Best Selling Christmas Collectible Buildings
Christmas collectible buildings reminds us of our past traditions, these are adorable and would be a great addition to your villages and buildings collections for Christmas. Have a look at these