- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Greeting Cards
Unique Handmade Baby Cards
Handmade cards are wonderful, timeless treasures that can be cherished forever by the ones you love. Whereas store-bought greeting cards can be generic and mass-produced, handmade cards are one-of-a-kind, and let those who receive these mini works of art know how special they truly are. Most of all, these precious keepsakes are fun to make, and even better to receive.
Handmade baby cards are perfect for announcing new births, congratulating parents, offering blessings for baby christenings and showers, and more! And because handmade cards are completely customizable, they can include special mementos, the baby’s and/or parents’ names, and even photographs of family members and friends. With just a few supplies, even the most novice card-maker can create the beautiful baby cards that are guaranteed to be treasured for years to come.
Besides the traditional card-making supplies you will need to get started, the following are a few ideas to help embellish your baby-themed cards. These ideas can be in the form of rubber and/or digital stamps colored with pastel color pencils, markers or chalks, stickers, die-cuts, and more!
- Traditional pastel colors such as pink, baby blue, pale yellow and sage green designer papers and cardstocks
- Soft colored pearls and rhinestones
- Buttons (besides traditional buttons, check out your local craft store’s button section for many different themes. If the button does not lie flat, simply cut off the back with a craft knife or pliers.)
- Diaper pins
- Rubber duckies
- Onesies (tiny clothespins that make cute additions to die-cut baby outfits and clothes)
- Baby footprints
Handmade cards can be left blank for those to add their own personal sentiments and messages, but if you are looking for greeting card sentiments especially for birthday cards, here are some to consider:
- "Ten little fingers and ten little toes, the sweetest of smiles and a cute little nose. All these things add up to just one precious thing, a baby - the greatest of gifts life can bring!"
- "Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!"
- "Baby booties, baby toys, baby shower, baby joys!"
- "Every time a baby is born, God smiles, the angels dance, and a new star of hope lights up the skies."
- "Wishing all the best for you and the precious baby who has already made you happy and proud."
- "New small arrival. New big joy."
- "May your precious new baby fill your lives with happiness and your hearts with love."
- "Your baby has arrived who is precious, it's true. You've made the perfect bundle of joy for the both of you."
- "Congratulations on the birth of your little bundle of joy!"
- "In God's whole creation, the sweetest of all are babies to care for - so precious, so small."
- "Congratulations and best wishes too, that life will always hold the best for baby and you!"
- "May your new baby bring you lots of happiness and love... every step of the way."
- "There's nothing like a new little baby, so tiny and so sweet, to fill your hearts with happiness, and make your lives complete."
- "A precious little baby to play with and adore, to spoil a little and love a lot, who could ask for more?"
- "Becoming a mom is right around the corner. Good thing you already have what a baby needs most, hugs and kisses and lots of love."
- "Congratulations on the happiness that's happening to you."
- "We're excited and delighted, your little one is on their way!"
- "You will both be wonderful parents because you're already wonderful people."
- "May your new baby bring you lots of happiness and love, every step of the way."
- "Best wishes to you. Your new little baby will brighten your days with excitement and fun!"