- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Valentine's Day: Gifts, Tips, and Techniques
Around this time every year, there seems to be a personal want or need to have a significant other. This feeling is mainly due to one of the most known holidays: Valentine’s Day. This day represents showing your significant other love and affection whether it be with flowers and chocolates or with romance and attention. The main question that most people want answered is what to get, how to get it, how to make it better than last year, and most importantly how to make this gift the most memorable gift that I can give to him or her.
As the years have passed by, I’ve come across a few techniques or so that can help these questions to be answered. The techniques are as followed:
1. When you are deciding the perfect gift to give your mate or someone that’s close to you whom you completely adore, make sure that the gift comes from your heart. Mostly, make sure that the gift is simple but elegant. Don’t dwell too much on past moments and gifts alike but embrace spending your time, your ears, your mouth, and your attention to your loved one. This will in tune coincide with the gift that you give them and make their day ten times better.
2. Furthermore, the most important thing about obtaining that special gift is finding out the right way to buy it, make it, or show it. A gift that you might consider buying maybe something as simple as a necklace, bracelet, suit, tie, etc. A gift you might consider making could be a scarf, hat, coat, or even a card. The right way to show your gift is to dress it up, add candles, flowers, music, and mostly love. The appreciation of a gift can only goes so far is due to how much time and effort you put into it. If you do not care then it will clearly show and if you do care well that will show even more. Don’t stress about the right gift because in all honesty there isn’t a perfect gift to give but there is you, your time, sharing memories, and showing love to your soulmate.
3. Stress, stress, stress is what you are doing at this exact moment. Relax, breathe in and breathe out. Once again breathe in and breathe out. Good. Now, pay close attention to what I’m about to say next. Do not I repeat do not try to make this year’s gift better than the last. I’m saying this because you are going to over think and eventually drive yourself crazy obsessing about what to get. You should try not to always give your significant everything they ask for when Valentine’s Day is near. I say this with caution because if you continue to do this each year, your love will make it a habit to always expect that gift and show disappointment when they do not receive it as they have in the past. Give them something different and unique, a present that they will love and not expect.
4. Similarly, attempting to make this gift the most memorable can happen in either of two ways by being successful or failing. Use the suggestions that have recommended earlier. Listen, Listen, Listen! Try not to give the one you care about everything they want and show as much affection as possible. This way you will always receive appreciation no matter what.
The four techniques listed above should help you greatly in choosing the right gift and making sure that your significant other receives the attention and affection that they need on Valentine’s Day. If you are still unsure about when to give them the gift is all up to you. Maybe after you have taken them out to dinner or are at home snuggled up watching a movie. The choice is all up to you to pick the right moment.