Wild Kratts birthday party ideas and themed supplies
How to Plan A Wild Kratts Themed Birthday Party
In a world where eco-friendliness and environmental awareness is more important than ever, an exciting kids TV show has come along to help teach youngsters about biology, ecology and the earth in general. Wild Kratts is an educational animated series aimed at younger children, with inspiring stories about saving animals and protecting the environment – and kids simply love it!
With an engaging cast of characters, plenty of educational content and the all-important fun factor, Wild Kratts is one of the most popular kid’s shows around right now. If your little ones love Wild Kratts and everything associated with it, why not throw them an exciting Wild Kratts-themed birthday party?
If you’re not sure how you could pull it off, let us help. We’ve come up with plenty of ideas and suggestions to make your Wild Kratts birthday party spectacular! Read on to find out more…
Wild Kratts Birthday Party Invitations and Ideas
The first step in planning your party is obviously to prepare the invitations. The invitations are the first thing your guests will see which is related to the party, so it’s important to make a great impression when they open that envelope!
The way your invitations turn out will be dependent on how much time and money you can devote to them. If you have plenty of time but are low on funds, you could consider crafting the invitations yourself to save money – pick up some card with zebra or cheetah print on it, and simply add the important details of your event to ensure everyone’s in the loop.
If you’ve plenty of money but are short on time, the best thing to do is to download a printable invitation and print it out on your own computer. These are usually very budget-friendly (in fact, there are some totally free printables on the PBS website), so all you need to do is fill in the details and send them off – it’ll be finished in an afternoon, leaving you free to think about the next thing on the list…
Wild Kratts Birthday Party Decorations and Ideas
Wild Kratts doesn’t particularly have a color theme, but what it does have is a very strong animal theme – which means there are plenty of avenues you can take for your décor! Here are our top suggestions:
- Make use of animal print wherever you can – invest in animal print cups and tablecloths and see if you can find some animal print balloons. If you can’t, it’s easy to turn plain party supplies into animal print with the help of a trust black marker! Turn your orange balloons into tiger balloons, your white balloons into zebra balloons and your yellow balloons into cheetah balloons by adding some strategic stripes wherever you can!
- These decals are great for making it look as though your venue is part of an animal trek! You can add them to your walls or to hard flooring like tiles or wood – you could even use them as part of a treasure hunt later in the day!
- If you’re feeling crafty and adventurous, check out what this blogger did to their overhead light! With crumpled and twisted Kraft paper and some cheap jungle accessories they’ve made it look as though their home is right in the middle of the rainforest!
- The PBS website also has some fantastic ideas for your décor – rope in some friends or your little ones and have them give you a hand making some leaf banners, power discs and menu holders.
Wild Kratts Birthday Cake Decorations and Ideas
Yum yum – time to consider the cake! For many parents, the cake is the focal point of an important moment in the birthday celebration – it’s brought out in front of everyone and will be in everyone’s photos after the event, so it’s important to get it just right!
Power discs play an important part in the Wild Kratts TV show, and conveniently, they’re the perfect shape for a simple cake! All you’ll need is a conventional cake mix, a round cake tin and some different frosting color to replicate this power disc cake at home.
If you want to get a little more adventurous, try this tiered creation, complete with Kratts brothers figurines on the top! For those of you that want to present your little ones with a cake like this but aren’t very handy in the kitchen, take this image to your local cake decorator or professional baker and see what they can do! It’s a very simple design that’s easy to replicate, and you could substitute the models on the top for plastic figurines for simplicity.
Wild Kratts Birthday Party Food and Drink Ideas
If all that talk of cakes has got you hungry, never fear – we’re onto the food section now! There are a myriad of ideas that you can use for your party here, and they all fit perfectly within the animal theme – check out our best suggestions:
- Grape Caterpillar Skewers – These awesome (and healthy) skewers look just like caterpillars, and they’re so easy to make! Buy some grapes in bulk, line them up alone your skewers and add some googly eyes for the finishing touch.
- Ladybug on a Leaf – What a fantastic idea! This simple snack requires nothing but a slice of baguette (try garlic baguette for some added flavor), add a leaf of spinach and a baby tomato sliced in half. The dots are made with some dark blue food coloring and a toothpick to apply them.
- Crocodile ‘Cake’ – This incredible crocodile creation uses pineapples and a multitude of other fruits to create a croc shape – with a figurine in its mouth for added authenticity! If you want your kids to have a healthy snack available at the party, this is a great option.
- Wildlife Cupcakes – Cupcakes are much easier to make than larger cakes, and they ensure that everyone gets an equal piece. Create some different animals using frosting or buy some animal cake toppers to keep up the theme.
- Drinks Station – Give your ordinary drinks relevant names to keep kids interested. They’re sure to love Crocodile Cola, Pelican Punch and Salamander Squash!
Wild Kratts Birthday Party Favors and Ideas
Every good party host wants to send their guests home with a little thank-you gift (and it often saves you writing up thank-you cards a few weeks later!). There are plenty of great ideas for Wild Kratts party favors out there – you just need to know where to look!
As usual, the PBS website is excellent, with plenty of printouts and ideas that you can use for your party favors. There are bookmarks, coloring sheets and even a printable adventure passport that kids will go crazy for – you could even stamp them on their way out!
These fantastic binoculars make a great gift for departing kids, and this budget-friendly bulk buy is a certified bargain! They’re $15.99 for a pack of twelve, which is just slightly more than a dollar per pair.
Candy always goes down a treat, and you can send your party guests away with a little pack of treats for them to enjoy on the journey home! These crocodile eggs are filled with chocolate, and gummy earthworms also make a great favor.
Wild Kratts Birthday Party Games and Activities
It’s all well and good putting on plenty of decorations and marvelous party food, but you have to entertain your guests too! There are plenty of Wild Kratts and animal-themed games that you can enjoy at your party – here are our favorites:
- What Am I? – Grab some plain white sticky labels and write a different animal on each one. Each child sticks a label on their head, and must go around asking questions (with ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answers online) to figure out what their animal is. This game is more suitable for older children of around 7-8 (and adults can get involved too!).
- Paper Bag Animals – Paper bags are easy to come by, and with a little knowhow, you can transform them into cute little animals! You’ll need some basic crafting equipment (glue, scissors, tape, card, etc), but these bags could double up as party favors for those who are on a budget.
- Party Pinata – Make a party piñata filled with candy, blindfold a little one and see if they can break it open! You can choose any animal for this – fish, penguins and pigs are pretty easy because they can be adapted into a round shape so there’s no need for extra crafting.
Do you feel ready to plan your very own Wild Kratts party now? We hope we’ve given you plenty of inspiration for the big day. If you’ve got any suggestions or you think we’ve missed anything awesome, let us know in the comments!