Aurora Coronation Dress Up or Halloween Costume
Little Girls Will Love Their Aurora Coronation Gown
Every Halloween, little girls all over the world dress up like their favorite Disney Princesses. This year, you are sure to see a few new Disney Princess dresses. With the popularity of Frozen's Queen Elsa and Princess Anna winning over little girls' everywhere and the brand new Sleeping Beauty movie Maleficent, there are bound to be a few less Cinderellas and Belles this Halloween. One of my favorite new Disney Princess dress-up costumes is Aurora's Coronation gown.
Aurora's Coronation Gown
The new coronation gown is sure to become the most popular Sleeping Beauty attire. This gold colored dress is full of intricate detail and I think it's even better than the traditional pink dress Aurora has become famous for in the last 50 years.
Aurora's Two New Dresses
If you don't like the coronation gown and aren't a fan of the pink dress either, you will be glad to know there are two options. In Maleficent, Aurora wears two gowns, the coronation gown she wears towards the end of the movie and throughout most of the movie, she wears a stunning blue gown. No matter which one is your favorite, the little girl in your life is sure to enjoy her brand new Sleeping Beauty costume options. Make sure to check out all the accessories available for both of these costumes too.
I can't wait to see where Sleeping Beauty's popularity goes from here on out. I know she is already Disney royalty, but with the release of the movie Maleficent, I have a new love for this complex princess.
Facts about Sleeping Beauty/Aurora
If your little princess loves Aurora aka Sleeping Beauty, she will love these trivia facts.
- The original version of Sleeping Beauty included 7 fairies instead of just 3
- When Merryweather, the blue fairy, is making cookies look closely. The cookies are in the shape of a traditional Mickey Mouse head.
- Sleeping Beauty was a flop at the box office, which lead Disney to go on a 30 year princess movie hiatus.
- It took 6 years and $60 million to create Sleeping Beauty because Walt Disney wanted to create a princess that was physically very different than Snow White or Cinderella.
- Aurora has only 18 lines of dialogue in the movie. This is less than any other lead character in a Disney movie, except Dumbo who was silent.
- It is unmentioned in the original Sleeping Beauty but Maleficent's pet raven is named Diablo. The character was also named this in the adaptation.
- The fairytale book featured at the beginning of the movie is real.
Do you think the new Aurora dress will become more popular than the pink gown?
© 2014 Tawnya