Blame Someone Else Day
It's Not My Fault!
Blame someone else day falls on the first Friday the 13th of every year. In 2015 it is celebrated in February 13. It is the day when you're not to blame for anything.
If you're late for work, if you can't be bothered to go to work early, if you forgot to buy milk, if you got a speeding ticket - now's your chance to BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!
This day you KNOW that you're not to blame for anything. So point your finger without fear to the real person to blame: anyone else but you!
Make sure you use this chance, because it's the only one you get this year!
It's Not My Fault: The No-Excuse Plan for Overcoming Life's Obstacles
If you need some nudging in the right direction, here's a great book for you to learn all about finger pointing at others.
A wonderful and funny tale that you can read to your kids. Great for spending some quality time together.
History Of Blame Someone Else Day
Now that we know that there is such a very useful day, let's see where it all started.
Apparently this wacky holiday was started by Anne Moeller of Clio, Michigan in 1982, who was late for her appointments for the day because her alarm clock didn't go off. So she had to come up with some excuses.
The first thing of course was her alarm clock, which apparently was indeed the real culprit. However she couldn't well use the same excuse when she was late in the afternoon, so the story goes that she found a different reason for her being late for every single appointment.
She simply spread the blame around, finding tons of culprits that helped her have a rotten day.
Do You Have A Triskaidekaphobia?
Then don't even get up this day! The fear of the number 13 is real!
If you don't believe me, check out this lens on this very horrible day:
Fear Of Friday The 13th - Read Books About It For More Ammunition And Excuses!
So you woke up in the morning of Friday the 13th. So what do you do today? How do you honor it? Whom you blame and for what?
Find here some great ideas, and in the Guestbook below feel free to add your own to the list! Afterall the more ideas you have, the better this day can become!
Are You Late For Work Again?
Forget the alarm clock, it's lame and so old. Find some other creative excuses and blame somebody else!
- Blame it on the crazy guy in front of you who wouldn't let you overpass him until the last exit, so you were late for work.
- Or the policeman who stopped you and was flirting with you (and of course, you were afraid of getting a ticket, so you had to flirt back).
- Or maybe you ran out of gas again, and the next gas station is miles out of your way. By the time you go back on the road, you were late.
- I hit every single red light on the road!
- It's always raining in these parts of the world. Finally the sun was out so I couldn't help but stop and enjoy the sun as long as it lasted.
Find as many creative and outrageous excuses as you can - afterall today it's allowed!
Have You Forgotten To Bring Back Your Books To The Library Again?
No fear, here are some great ideas you can use this day - but only this day
- My computer got a virus, and as I had my diary online, I couldn't check what was due today
- The head librarian gives me the creeps, so I am waiting for a day when somebody else is at the desk
- Car troubles - no way I will walk a mile, I could be mugged any time
- I wanted to read the book again (for the 14th time), it was just so good!
- Couldn't find the book, cat hid it
- Dog ate it
- My neighbor's car was blocking the whole day my driveway. I couldn't get out!
Found A Huge Traffic Jam On The Road?
- The politicians are to blame, they don't give the police enough funds to have enough policemen on the road to direct the traffic.
- There are just too many people buying cars - they should go with the bus or the Metro instead, so you have time to drive and are not late for work!
- There are not enough roads for the many cars out there.
- Older people should not drive - they should stay home, as they're just congesting the traffic with their slow driving!
Don't Forget! What goes around comes around. Someone else can blame their misfortune on you!
You Didn't Call Your Boyfriend the Whole Day
- My battery was dead and I had no access to a charger
- All the payphones in town were dead
- There is something wrong with me - as soon as I touch a phone, it dies. I think I have a ghost attached to me!
Are You A Bit Overweight?
- My mother always taught me that it's not proper to leave food on the plate.
- Where I come from, this is the fashion. Your country still hasn't caught up yet!
Rules To Follow This Important Holiday
So how do you go about following the rules of this important holiday of the year?
#1: Write down everything you're supposed to be doing this day but don't want to. You can also add the things you haven't finished today, although you were supposed to
#2: For each item in your list, find a scapegoat: somebody to blame it on.
#3: When it's time to come clean about all these things on the list, put the blame on the respective scapegoat with all the innocent look you're capable of.
Speaking Of A Scapegoat...
Charlie Campbell highlights the plight of all those others who have found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time, illustrating how God needs the Devil as Sherlock Holmes needs Professor Moriarty or James Bond needs "Goldfinger."
Just in case you forgot...
Once this day is over, you're to blame again for everything that happens in your life. So use this day wisely and carefully!
The Small Print
I'm not responsible for any misfortune that might happen to you on this day. Take everything written here with a grain of salt.
In fact, take said salt and throw it over your shoulder for good luck.
You never know who is blaming you right now for something you didn't even do!
Have your own tips to share for this wacky day?
Oh and don't forget to check out the small print at the bottom of this lens. Else don't blame me if something goes wrong today!