Cheap and fun holidays in April
Things to do and celebrate in April
April is a month of celebration and holidays, despite what you might have heard. Yes, the month has its share of April showers as depicted in the delightful Felix the Cat April Maze cartoon created in the 1930s but it has its charm, too. For many, April is the first month to load up the picnic basket and head out to the fields of tulips, wildflowers, and bluebonnets. For me it's a birthday month so I am a little partial, but it is full of fun and festivities. Some you probably know but others you may not.
Be sure and watch the full video of Inky and Winky provided below as they attempt to have an April picnic.
April rains Texas blue
This is the best resource for all the events that appear throughout the year.
April Festivals Around the World
Depending on where you live, these festivals could be inexpensive and fun ways to celebrate during the month of April. For the more ambitious and slightly less frugal, these events might just lure you out of your winter doldrums.
- New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival usually starts in late April and lasts for four weekends.
- International Beer Festival occurs in the Marina District of San Francisco held in late April.
- Semana Sentana or Holy Week celebrated in Antigua or Seville, Spain often occurring during April
- The World Marbles Championship is held in a car park in a West Sussex pub in England during April.
- The Nepali New Year is celebrated in mid-April for those of you who somehow missed the traditional January 1st New Year celebration.
- Witches Night is an annual event on April 30th in Germany's Hartz Mountains. If you're in Scotland, check out the Beltane Fire Festival.
- Tyme welcomes the sun back for those living in arctic Canada during the second or third week of April.l
- Easter celebrations,/i> are held around the world and often happen during the month of April.